Chapter 23: "I know..."

Third person POV:

"I knew it... I fucking knew it... I knew I would get another panic attack." This was the only thought on Josh's mind. The young man was sitting on a bench outside the pub, with uneven breathing and a racing heart. His whole body was shaking and he buried his head in his knees. Narrator came through the front door and spotted Josh to his left.

Narrator's POV:

I assumed from the start that Josh wasn't comfortable with this situation. I carefully approached my friend and sat down next to him. "I can't do this... I can't do this..." he whimpered over and over again. He didn't even notice, as I put my arms around him. His whole body was vibrating and tensed. "Josh, everything is fine. Forget about it." I whispered and slowly pulled him closer to me. "Don't worry, I'm here." I tried comforting my friend stroked his back softly. "I don't want to do this anymore... I can't..." he sobbed and convulsed even more. "Josh... c'mon, look at me, please..." I said and put my hand underneath his chin. He slowly raised his head and made eye contact with me. It hurt me to see him this broken. "We will fix this... together. I'm not letting you go through this alone. And I think I know what we could do. We need to try the opposite of what's been going on so far. How about we try to get Mully off your mind. Just for the time we're all here. We'll have fun together and you can forget about all this drama and stress. What do you think?" I asked hopefully. I noticed how Josh's body slowly calmed and he smiled. "Yes, we can try that." I heard Josh mutter sleepy. "And every time you begin to think about it or feel uncomfortable, just take a deep breath, look at me and remember what I just told you, alright?" I said and felt him nod against my chest. "Wait here, I'll get the keys for the car. You can rest there, until we get home." I suggested and carefully removed my arms from him.

*Meanwhile inside the bar*

Third person POV:

"See, that's what I'm talking about. I just don't know what's wrong." Mully noticed desperate and rubbed his face with his hands. "But we do..." Eddie and Juicy answered synchronized. Mully looked at them confused. "What do you mean?" he asked.

Juicy's POV:

Eddie and I have talked about this earlier. We thought if we told Mully about Josh being gay, everything would be fine, because that's the reason for his panic attacks. We weren't sure, if we should mention him loving Mully too, so we decided to start slowly. "He is gay." I said. Smashing choked on his drink. "WHAT?!" he almost yelled. I chuckled. It was kind of funny, because he didn't realize any of this shit going on. "I know..." Mully muttered. "Wait... you know? Did he tell you?" Eddie asked confused. "No, I heard him talking to Kristy the other day. He told her about his crush on someone. I was sure it's a guy. I don't know who though." I noticed Mully's fist clinching. "Is he... jealous?" I thought and grinned. I had a plan. "Aw, is someone jealous?" I asked Mully playfully. He blushed and looked a little ashamed. Eddie tried making eye contact with me. I showed him that I have a plan and everything was under control. "Show Josh how you feel about him. You're better than the other guy." I tried building Mully's courage. "Can't you just tell him?" Smashing asked. "I'm afraid that Josh couldn't deal with something this huge right now. We don't want to stress him more than he already is." I pointed out. "Just try to make him notice how much you care about him. We'll do our best to get you two together in any possible situation." I added and saw a smile growing on Mully's face. "It's going to be perfect. Mully showing him, how he feels can proof Josh that we're right and they can finally get together." I thought with a huge smile on my face.

Third person POV:

Shortly after the four boys completed their plan, Narrator joined them. "Mully, can I get your car keys really quick. I wanna get Josh in the car for now." Narrator asked and put his hand out. Mully checked the time and said "You know what? We'll all leave. Let me pay for now. Tomorrow, we can work out the thing with the money. Get him in the car. You can all stay at our place for the night.", before giving Narrator the keys. After paying, all of them separated on the two cars and drove towards Mully's and Josh's house. Narrator took care of Josh in the back of Mully's car. In the meantime, Eddie and Juicy talked about Gaege's plan in Smashing's car.

Eddie's POV:

"Do you think it was a good idea to build that courage in Mully?" I asked Juicy in a worried tone. "Yes, trust me. This will work. The only problem we have here, is that Josh is unsure about Mully reciprocating his feelings, right?" he asked me confident. "Yes?" I responded. "See. And Mully showing his feelings will give Josh enough self-confidence to open up towards Mully." he explained enthusiastic. "If you think so..." I said nervously. "Shouldn't we tell Narrator about it?" I questioned. "No, i'm afraid he won't agree with our plan. But it'll work. I'm sure does." Juicy answered. I just hoped this would go well and doesn't end in another disaster.

Third person POV:

The boys soon arrived at the house. Narrator picked up Josh and carried him to his room. In the meantime, Mully showed the others their places to sleep. Smashing and Juicy shared the couch and Eddie got sent to one of the guestrooms. After Narrator brought Josh to bed, he went to the remaining spare room. Everyone received pillows and blankets from Mully, before he went to his own room.

Mully's POV:

I was laying in bed, thinking about earlier. "Who could Josh's crush be?" I asked myself permanently. Then an idea hit me. Could it be one of us? I remembered Narrator's reaction to Josh's panic attack. He held me back like he knew how to handle this. "Does Narrator know who Josh's crush is?" A lot of anger filled my mind at the thought of the other guy. I didn't want anyone to take Josh away from me. Not even the boys. He's mine. "I'll show him how much he means to me so he could never chose the other guy over me!" I planed and fell asleep, thinking about ways to express my feelings to Josh.