Chapter 15: "And you're telling me they aren't in love with each other..."

Mully's POV:

I blinked sleepy, as I woke up and realised, I was laying in Josh's arm with his head resting on mine. It felt... good. My face was a bit sticky from the tears and Josh's sweater underneath my head was wet. The situation yesterday was not my strongest moment, I have to admit. I didn't want to cry anymore, but... "No, I have to stop thinking about it or I'll cry again." I told myself and ignored the one tear rolling down my face. I saw Juicy sleeping next to us. My eyes started exploring the room. Everything was dark and the whole house was filled with silence. It seemed to be really early in the morning. I carefully removed my arms from Josh's neck, which caused him to tighten his grip around me. I placed my arms around his waist and pulled myself closer to him. His hand moved towards my hair and he started playing with it in his sleep. "God, he's adorable..." I thought... wait... No, not again. I can't deal with these thoughts... I don't want to... not yet.

Third person POV:

Mully wanted to get away. He wanted some distance from Josh, hoping that feeling would go away again. He tried to get out of Josh's grip, but the smaller man kept holding him close. Josh woke up from Mully's attempts to leave. "Mully... what's wrong?" Josh asked while rubbing his eyes. Mully stood in front of his friend and couldn't look at him. He felt embarrassed and just wanted to run away, but something held him back. Instead of running, he started crying again. Josh noticed and came closer to Mully. "Wanna tell me what's going on?" he asked and put his hand on Mully's shoulder. The taller male just shook his head, not able to make eye contact with Josh. "It's fine, you don't have to tell me. You should go back to bed. It's early in the morning and you should catch some more sleep." Josh said and wiped away Mully's tears, before he walked down the hallway towards their rooms. Mully hesitated, but eventually followed his friend. The two boys walked down the hall together and both entered Mully's room. Josh tucked Mully in and whispered a short "Sleep tight...", before leaving the room again.

Mully's POV:

What have I done? I ruined the whole situation in the living room... Why am I so fucking stupid?! I enjoyed Josh's nearness... his arms wrapped around me... his head resting on mine... It was perfect and I ended it. Or was it better like this? I am in my room... alone... Isn't this the situation I wanted? But why do I feel so bad then? What's wrong with me?! Can't I just not break everything I'm involved in? "Doesn't seem like it... No wonder my girlfriend cheated on me... I'm useless..." I thought and I felt my eyes filling up with tears. "Here we go again..." I sobbed. I was now in the same state as yesterday and all the days before... No, it was worse... I was alone... no one was there to help me... no one was there to tell me everything would be okay again... This was the situation I deserve... Lonely... only me and my thoughts... I didn't deserve any better... The tears ran down my face and I covered it with my pillow. I'm the only one responsible for this situation... it's all my fault... Everything is my fault. I saw Josh looking at me in the corner of my eye earlier. He looked like it he thought it was his fault... even though it was mine. "I need to apologize to Josh..." I whispered and got out of bed.

Josh's POV:

I just brought Mully to bed and walked into my room. The thoughts raced on my mind. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked myself and Mully's insecure face appeared in my head. "What could I have done to make Mully feel so bad? Or did I even do something?" I was so confused and felt guilty. "It must've been me... he would have told me, if it wasn't because of me..." I whispered and a tear left my eye. "Great job, Josh... like always..." I don't know what I did or what happened, but I have to fix it again. "I love Mully and it breaks me to see him like this... I have to be there for him, even though I'm just a friend to him... He needs me..." I wiped away the tears and walked back towards my door.

Third person POV:

Mully and Josh left their rooms at the same time and stood now in front of each other. Josh noticed the tears on Mully's face and felt his heart crack. "I'm sorry I made you cry..." Josh whispered and looked down at his hands. Mully's eyes widened. He was right. "No... Josh... it's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm the one who needs to apologize. I didn't mean to keep you on distance like that... I am just-..." Mully got interrupted by the smaller male hugging him tightly. That was all he needed and he wrapped his arms around Josh. The two boys stood there for a few seconds, just enjoying each other's presence. "I don't wanna be alone... Can i-..." "Yes!" Mully got interrupted by Josh again and they both went into the shorter man's room. They both cuddled up in the bed and fell asleep arm in arm, just happy about the other one being there.

Juicy's POV:

I woke up in the morning and looked around. The sun was shining through the window and lit the room. I checked my phone and it was 08:24 AM. I turned around to see the other side of the couch... it was empty. Josh and Mully were gone. Only the blanket was left. I yawned and started looking for them. I tiptoed around the house and checked every room. Eddie and Narrator were still fast asleep in their beds. My heart lit up with joy from seeing Narrator peacefully sleeping. You could see, he was innerly happy again. I smiled and continued my search for Mully and Josh. Mully's room was empty too, so the only room left was Josh's. I slowly opened the door and found the two boys sound asleep on Josh's bed. They had their arms wrapped around each other and I couldn't help but grin. "And you're telling me they aren't in love with each other..." I thought and pulled out my phone to take a few pictures. I carefully put a blanket on the both of them and left the room again. I went back into the living room and looked at the snapshots I was able to make. "I can't wait to show these to Narrator..." I whispered and smiled brightly.