Chapter 22: Meeting the boys

Third person POV:

The following night was pretty worrisome for Josh. He started regretting his decision to agree on meeting with the others. "What if I get another panic attack?" This question haunted him the whole night and I could barely catch any sleep.

Josh's POV:

It was 07:00 AM and was was laying in bed. I've only slept for about an hour or something and was exhausted. As I realized that it was hopeless, I decided to get up and go for a walk. I wanted to get my mind free. I got changed and closed the door behind me, after I left the house. A fresh breeze hit my face. I took a deep breath and put on my headphones.

Third person POV:

Josh jogged around the block through the almost empty streets. The sun was rising and he enjoyed the time alone. Suddenly, he noticed a big pleasure ground with a huge cherry blossom tree in the middle. He decided to go there and sat down on the bench underneath the tree. Some of the blooms got carried away by the wind and Josh watched them calmly. "Why didn't I ever notice this place before. It's beautiful." he thought and smiled. It was so relaxing for him to just sit there and look around. Josh felt the cool breeze tingling on his face and just felt free. For that moment, he was relieved from all his worries.

Josh sat underneath the tree for about 20 minutes, before he got back up and continued jogging. "This place is amazing..." he thought and looked back at the cherry blossom tree one last time, before the turned the corner and disappeared behind a house.

In the meanwhile, Mully was peacefully sleeping until 09:15 AM. He blinked, as the sunlight approached his face. He rubbed his eyes and got up. Still pretty sleepy, he made his way into the kitchen.

Mully's POV:

I was leaning against the counter and had my eyes closed. It was really quiet inside the house. I assumed Josh to be still sleeping and I decided to leave him alone. "It's probably better this way." I thought and walked towards the couch. I took my phone and lost myself in social media. It must've been about 30 minutes later, as I heard the front door opening. Josh came inside, completely sweaty and panting. He greeted me with a smile and put his headphones off. "Good morning? Where are you coming from?" I asked confused. "Morning... I was... just going for a walk... and I... bought you... some coffee..." he answered in-between heavy breaths and gave me one of the cups. The other one got placed on the kitchen counter. "Well, thanks." I answered a little unsure and watched Josh going towards the stairs. "I'll take a quick shower!" he yelled and disappeared on the staircase.

Josh's POV:

I was standing in the shower, enjoying the warm water on my body. That walk was great. I felt refreshed and wasn't really tired anymore. I finished showering and changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walked back into the living room and grabbed the cup of coffee from the counter on my way. I noticed Mully's eyes on me and I tried to make everything seem alright. "You look tired. How did you sleep last night?" he asked me in a concerned tone. "I didn't sleep much, but nothing to worry about." I answered quick and concentrated on my coffee again. "Okay? Where have you been jogging? Around the block?" he questioned. "Yes. Did you ever notice that park with a beautiful cherry blossom tree a few blocks down the road? I sat there for half an hour or something and it was amazing." I promulgated in excitement of the gorgeous tree. "Sounds great. Maybe we can visit it with the others." he suggested. I regretted telling him about this place a bit now. If I would go there with the others, it wouldn't be as peaceful anymore. "Yea, maybe..." I just answered a little unsure and looked away from Mully.

A few minutes of silence later, I asked "When are we meeting the boys anyways?" He checked his phone and said "They told me they'll be at the bar at 7." I nodded as response. "A few more hours to prepare." I thought a little nervous.

Third person POV:

After the two boys finished their coffee, Josh went to his room. "I'll film and edit a video now. Get me, when we're leaving." he declared and closed the door behind him. Mully spent the rest of the day cleaning the house a bit and making the guestrooms ready for the others. About 30 minutes before the two friends wanted to meet the boys, Josh couldn't resist the tiredness anymore and fell asleep on his desk.

Josh's POV:

"Josh, wake up! We have to go now!" was the first thing I heard. I blinked sleepy and looked into Mully's eyes. "Yes, I'm coming..." I muttered and yawned loudly. I quickly put on some jeans and put my phone in my pocket. Mully was already waiting for me at the front door.

We drove towards the bar and I was getting quite nervous. "Hopefully I won't get another panic attack..." I whispered and looked at the streetlights we were passing by. I didn't take long for us to arrive. I already saw Smashing, Narrator, Eddie and Juicy waiting for us on the sidewalk. I rubbed my eyes, before I left the car.

Third person POV:

"Hey guys, how are you doing?" Smashing asked and gave Mully and Josh a high five. "I'm fine." Mully answered. "I'm okay, how about you?" Josh asked with a weak smile. "I'm good. Let's go inside." Ayden said and the boys entered the bar. They sat down at their usual spot. Mully made some space for Josh on the corner bench and pointed out that he could sit next to him. The small male hesitated. He wasn't sure, if it would be a good idea to sit beside Mully and took the seat next to Narrator instead. All of them watched Josh with shock.

Narrator's POV:

I looked at Josh, as he sat down near me. I noticed the insecurity in Mully's eyes and tried to distract with a conversation. "So, how has your life been, Smashing? We haven't heard from you in ages." I began and faced Ayden.

Third person POV:

Slowly but surely, everyone started talking and they forgot about the awkward moment from earlier. Well, everyone except for Josh. He was sitting there, with his head resting on his hands and complete lost in his thoughts.

Josh's POV:

Fuck... that was uncomfortable, but I think it was better like this. I need to avoid another panic attack at all costs. All the surroundings were really quiet. I only heard some faded talking and glasses shrugging from time to time. "What would happen, if I get another panic attack?" This question repeated inside my head over and over again. Suddenly, I got ripped out of my thoughts from Eddie, trying to get my attention. "Is everything alright, dawg?" he asked. I looked around and saw all of them watching me worried. "Yes, I'm fine." I answered quickly and turned away from them again.

Third person POV:

All of them were really concerned about Josh and watched him zoning out over and over again the whole evening. On top of his constant fear of getting another panic attack, Josh's tiredness began to take over once more. With his head resting on the both of his hands, he slowly tipped towards Narrator's shoulder. Everyone noticed Josh falling asleep and Mully quickly approached his friend. "Josh?" he asked and softly shook Josh's shoulder.

Josh got scared by the sudden touch and jumped. His eyes were wide opened and his heart raced like crazy. It was really embarrassing for him to fall asleep on the table and his face turned red. He looked down at his hands and noticed them shaking. "Not again... No... no, no, no..." he whimpered and stormed out of the building. Mully wanted to follow him, but Narrator stood up and put his hand on Mully's chest. "Let me handle this." he said and went outside.