Chapter 11: Guilt and muscle ache

Third person POV:

Josh was the first one to wake up the following morning and yawned. He raised his arms up to stretch them, but got interrupted by the huge muscle ache, he got from the yesterday's work. "Owww, fuck!" he yelled and his arms fell back on the sheets. Mully woke up from Josh's scream and started up, only to feel the same numbing pain in his entire upper body. "Oww, my fucking back!" he cursed loudly. Mully and Josh looked at each other for a second, before they both started laughing. Josh tried to get out of the bed, but he fell on the floor, because of the laughter and the pain in his legs. The two boys only started laughing even harder and gasped for air. "I think we... overexerted ourselves a bit..." Mully chuckled and Josh nodded as response. "Can you walk?" Mully asked. Josh stood up and his knees started shaking, but he was able to stand, his face contorted with pain. "I think so..." he chuckled, but after one step, he fell back onto the carpet. Both boys busted out in laughter once again and stayed like that for a couple minutes.

Mully's POV:

After we were done laughing our asses off, I asked "Should I help you to get into the kitchen?" Josh looked at me and smirked. "First, you should test, if you can even walk." he said and I looked at my legs. "Let's find out..." I whispered and pushed myself up, as much as possible. Luckily, my legs weren't that much effected by the muscle ache and I was able to walk. "Cool, you can walk, now help me up, please." Josh said and tried reaching my hands. I grabbed them and tried pulling him on his feet. We both groaned in pain, but I was able to lift Josh up, so he could grab onto me.

Third person POV:

With a lot of trouble, the two boys were able to get into the kitchen. They both landed roughly on two chairs and looked at each other. "Alright, here is the plan: You go and grab the magnesium powder from the cell over there. Then we'll wait until it takes effect and build up your furniture." Josh explained and tried to point at the door to their right. "Got it." Mully answered and made his way to the cell. After he got the magnesium, the boys took two sticks each and waited for it to take effect. Mully was watching his hands the whole time. He looked really heavy-hearted, so Josh asked "Is something wrong?" His friend looked up and sighed. "It's just... I can't get the boys out of my head. I ruined our entire friendship, but I'm scared of apologizing..." Mully answered. "You don't need to worry. We'll talk to them, as soon as you feel ready to. I need to apologize too. I said some things, I regret saying." Josh admitted and scratched the back of his head. "Hmm..." Mully replied and looked back down at his hands.

Mully's POV:

I was very keen to know, what he said to the others that night, but I didn't want to seem too obtrusive. I decided to keep it to myself for now. After 30 more minutes, the magnesium powder took effect and the pain in my body got less and I was able to move almost pain free. "Are you ready? Let's get this shit started!" Josh said enthusiastically and I smiled.

No one's POV:

Josh led Mully into his new room. It was bigger than he expected. "Wow... Are you sure, you don't need it?" Mully asked, feeling kind of guilty about being a burden on Josh. "Like I said, it's your room now. It's been empty for quite some time, so I'm pretty sure I don't need it." Josh answered and smiled. "He is so thoughtful..." Mully thought with a slight smile on his face. "Alright, let's get your furniture in here!" Josh commanded and walked towards the front door to get to his car. Mully followed him, still smiling. The two boys carried the parts of furniture inside the house and into Mully's room. Piece by piece, everything was set up. The bed, the closet and the desk with the mic and computers were now inside Mully's new room. He put his clothes into the closet and his hygiene products into the bathroom.

In the meantime, Narrator slowly became more retired towards Eddie and Juicy. He stayed in his room ever since Mully and Josh left. His friends had a hard time getting him to eat, drink and sleep properly. "Hey buddy... can I come in?" Juicy asked and knocked on Narrator's door. He heard it unlock from inside and opened it slowly. Narrator stood in front of him with glassy eyes and a slight shade of grey on his face. He looked so exhausted and desperate. Juicy hugged him tightly, but he didn't show any emotional reaction. Suddenly, he asked "Why... Why do you care about me? I'm a failure... I distroyed our friendship with Mully and Josh... Why don't you hate me, like they do?" and a quiet sob escaped from his mouth. Gaege was shocked about his friend's way of thinking and pulled away to face him. "You're NOT a failure! You didn't mean to make any of this happen. You are such a lovable and amazing person. You always try to make the ones around you happy and I would never leave you. We will fix this between us, Josh and Mully. Everything is going to be alright, I promise." Juicy said and watched a small tear running down Narrator's face. "Th-thank you, Juicy..." he whispered and hugged his friend. "Any time! Now, try to get some rest." Gaege said and brought Narrator to bed, before leaving the room quietly. Eddie was waiting for him in the hallway. "How is he?" he asked with a worried look in his eyes. "It's getting worse. He is sleeping now. We need to fix this as soon as possible... I can't stand seeing him like this." Juicy answered in a apprehensive tone.