Chapter 8: And it gets worse

Third person POV:

The journey home was a nightmare for Mully and Josh. The two boys didn't speak one word to one another. The air between them was always filled with awkward and oppressive silence. They both only care about themselves. Or did they? Well, at least Mully did. Josh thought about Narrator, Juicy and Eddie and how he yelled at them. Especially at Narrator. And he thought about... Mully. He thought about, how he could've possibly heard him yelling, what now thought about him and if there was a way so save the friendship between the boys. These questions kept him awake hour after hour, until they arrived at Mully's house. It was 10:15 PM and slightly raining. Both of them were extremely worn out by the long trip. Mully got out of the car, took his suitcase and left without a goodbye to Josh.

Mully's POV:

I walked towards the front door, happy and relieved to be finally home again. I saw slight light coming from the window. "My girl is still awake. That's gonna be a great surprise!" I thought, before unlocking and opening the door.

"Babe, I'm ho-..." My voice was cut off by a shock going through my body. I saw my girlfriend on the couch, making out with some random dude. "WTF is going on here?!" I asked with a shaky voice. The man looked up from making out with my girlfriend. He had brown, ruffled hair and a full beard. I couldn't see much of his body, but I was pretty sure he had six-pack abs. "Mully, what are you doing here? I thought, you would come tomorrow!" My girlfriend yelled, as she saw me. "I-... You-... That doesn't matter right now! Who the fuck is that guy and what is he doing here?!" I yelled confused and shocked. "Hi, I'm Jack. I've been fucking your girl for about... hmmm... three weeks or something like that and I gotta say: She's a bomb!" the man introduced himself and winked at me with a big grin on his face. A mixture of disappointment and sadness made it's way into my heart. "You-... You have been cheating on me for THREE WEEKS?!?!" I asked disbelieving. "Yes and I'm not regretting it, to be honest. The only thing I have left to say is: I'm breaking up with you. Get out, right now!" she yelled. I grabbed my suitcase in silence and slammed the door behind me.

Third person POV:

Mully stood on the doorstep, looking at the wet street in front of him. The rain got stronger and soon, the young man was completely wet through. Tears ran down his face and he buried his face in his hands. "What am I supposed to do now?" he asked himself and fell on his knees. His tears mixed with the rain and were almost invisible for others. Mully was devastated, despaired and stumped at this point. "Where am I supposed to go now? The next hotel is two hours away from here..." he sobbed and cried, until it hit him. "Should I call Josh?" Mully hesitated, before pulling his phone out of his pocket. He tried to turn it on but... "The battery is dead..." Mully was losing hope and eventually decided to go to Josh's place. "It's my only option..." he whispered and walked down the wet street towards Josh's house.

Josh's POV:

After letting Mully out, I drove home and launched myself on the couch. I was really exhausted and the only thing, I wanted at this point, was sleep. I threw my clothes into the laundry hamper and put some comfortable pants and a t-shirt on, before falling back onto the sofa. I grew tired and slowly started drifting off.

I was half asleep, as I heard a knock on the door. I looked at my phone to check the time. It was 11:34 PM. The rain whipped against the window panes aggressively. "Who could that be at this time?" I asked myself, before opening the door. A soaking wet Mully stood in front of me now. He looked at me with his red and puffy eyes. Was he... crying? We stared at each other for a few moments, before he suddenly pulled me into a hug. I was surprised by his actions and blushed red. But my blush disappeared quickly, as he started sobbing and crying into my shoulder. I pulled him and his suitcase inside and closed the door. I held him close and slowly rubbed his back to comfort him. "What's wrong?" I asked carefully. Mully pulled away and looked into my eyes, before breaking out in tears entirely.

Third person POV:

Josh pulled him back into his arms. "There, there... calm down. No matter what it is, it's over now." he tried calming his churned up friend. "You can say that again! IT'S OVER!" Mully cried. Josh was confused. "What do you mean?" he asked worried. "My girlfriend... She-.... she has been cheating on me for three weeks now..." Mully voice broke mid sentence. "She kicked me out... I-... I have no where to go..." he whispered. Josh gasped shocked. "Mully... that's horrible! I can't believe, she did that to you." he said. "Well, at least one of us still has a girlfriend, right?" Mully asked with a sad smile. "As far as that goes... me and Kristy broke up weeks ago." Josh chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. Mully pulled away again. "Oh Josh... I-I'm sorry, i didn't know that... Are you okay?" he asked concerned. "Yes, we ended it peacefully. Now, back to you... You can stay with me, I'll put you up! I mean... only, if you want to." Josh suggested and Mully smiled with tears in his eyes. "Y-you would do that for me?" he asked with a shaky voice. "Of course. You are my friend, aren't you? Now, go upstairs and take a shower, I'll get you some clothes in the meantime. And tomorrow, we'll get your other stuff, alright?" Josh answered and Mully nodded, wiping his tears away.