Chapter 6: A little shimmer of hope

Josh's POV:

"I think you would look cute together..." These words didn't get out of my head the entire night. "Mully blushed too, but..." I sighed heavily. "...it was probably because it was awkward for him being said to be coupled with me..." A little tear left my eye. I knew it... I knew it all along, but I have to accept it. He has a girlfriend and I'm just a friend to him. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just. A. Friend. Even though it's gonna be hard, I need to stop thinking about him. I tried to push him out of my head as much as possible. After my thoughts about Mully slowly disappeared, I grew tired and eventually passed out.

Third person POV:

On Friday at 09:15 AM, Narrator, Eddie and Juicy sat with their cups on the couch. "Did you see how much Josh and Mully blushed yesterday?" Juicy said and took a sip of coffee. "Yeah, I think they totally fell for each other!" Narrator romanticized, putting both of his hands on his face. "But they both have girlfriend's, don't they?" Eddie asked. "Yes, they do. This makes the situation a little more complicated." Narrator noticed and frowned a bit. "Well, it's not our business what they are doing. They need to know themselves, if they love each other or not." Gaege said and shrugged his shoulders.

Josh's POV:

I just got up and was about to enter the living room, as I heard Juicy, Narrator and Eddie talking. I listened to the entire conversation and blushed red. "Narrator thinks Mully... loves me back?" A shimmer of hope made his way in my heart and I smiled. I quietly ran into the bathroom to calm down, before entering the lounge room. "Seems like Mully got up in the meantime..." I thought. I saw him sitting next to Eddie. "Good morning, sleepyhead!" Narrator greeted me and smiled. I waved at him and the others and took a cup of coffee. "Now that all of you have arrived... What do you wanna eat for lunch?" Juicy asked everyone around. "I'm down for some good old McDonald's my dudes..." I answered and rubbed my hands greedy. "I would like that. I haven't been at McDonald's in ages." Eddie agreed and gave me thumbs up. The others also nodded in agreement. "Ok, let's finish our coffees, clean up and get changed." Narrator said and we kept drinking our coffees.

Third person POV:

After everything was done, the boys made their way to the restaurant and ordered their food. It was 12:44 PM as they started eating and talking about the plans for the rest of the day. "Alright, when do wanna go to the first club? Eddie, Juicy and I did some research and chose five clubs, we wanna show you." Narrator said and took a big bite of his burger. "I think 7 PM should be good." Mully suggested while eating his fries. "And what we see going to do in the afternoon?" Josh asked. "We can play some videogames, if you want to." Eddie said and just like that, the Friday was planned.

The afternoon went by pretty fast and after many hours of playing videogames, the time has come to get changed. "Boys, it's 06:45! Get ready so we can go out!" Narrator yelled from upstairs. "Yes, shut up! We're just going to finish this round!" Mully screamed back. After they finished playing and changed clothes, the five boys drove off towards the first club of the night. "What a good looking place for a club!" Josh noticed impressed, as the boys entered the building. "Yup, the other clubs, we chose are more down the street, but not far away." Eddie said and sat down at the bar counter. "Who is going to be the driver?" Juicy asked after he ordered himself a drink. "It's gonna be me. I didn't plan to drink anything tonight anyways." Eduardo raised his hand. The others ordered drinks as well and with a "Cheers!" they all shrugged their glasses.

Club after club and drink after drink, all of them besides Eddie and Narrator got really drunk. It was 02:34 AM, as the boys walked, or better stumbled out of the last club. Narrator was supporting Mully and Eddie had Josh's and Juicy's arms around his shoulders. "C'mon guys, let's get you home." Eduardo said, suffering a bit from the weight of his friends. "Is it.. already time to go?" Juicy hiccuped in the middle of the sentence. "Yes, it is." Eddie answered, as he put Gaege and Josh in the backseat. Narrator did the same thing with Mully and they drove home.

It didn't take long for the three boys in the back to fall asleep. Juicy leaned against the window and Mully and Josh in a similar way, as they did in the plane: Shoulder to shoulder, head on head, but Mully had his arms around Josh, who was deeply snuggled into Mully's neck. Narrator looked into the driving mirror and immediately started to take photos of Josh and Mully. Eddie laughed at him for fanboying again and drove all of them home.

The boys arrived at the living community after a few minutes of driving. "Ok, you take Josh, I take Juicy and then we take Mully together." Eddie suggested and Narrator nodded in response. Eduardo picked up Juicy and brought him to his room. Narrator did the same with Josh. And last but not least, they brought Mully inside the house. After they were done, Narrator look on last time at the photos he took. "These are worth a mint..." he whispered and closed his phone, before he and Eddie went to bed.