Moonwatcher

Moon walked down the hallway, her head bowed. With all that's been going on, Moon never had the chance to tell Kinkajou and Turtle everything. Maybe she should do that. But, Qibli was waiting for her in the sleeping cave and the message that he sent her sounded urgent. Hmm, it's not like Kinkajou and Turtle are going to suddenly disappear. So, I guess I should go find Qibli. Moon turned down the hallway and walked into Qibli's sleeping cave. When she walked in, she saw Qibli sweeping parts of scrolls. 

"What are you doing?" Moon wondered. Qibli's snout snapped up and smiled sheepishly at her. 

"Cleaning. It's what a responsible dragon does, and I am a responsible dragon, Moon," Qibli grinned. Moon chuckled but she couldn't hear his thoughts. Moon looked at his wrist and she saw that he was wearing his Skyfire again. Why? Moon dismissed the thought, if Qibli wanted to tell her what was on his mind then he would. 

Moon smiled and sat on his sand bed, Qibli watched as she made her way over to the bed. Moon patted her talon the spot next to her and Qibli sat next to her. She gazed into his eyes kindly and twined her tail with his. Moon still didn't know what they were, but all she knew was that she loved him. She loved him a whole lot more than she loved Qibli. 

"So. What's the important message?" Moon wondered. Qibli looked into her eyes sadly but straightened his back. Qibli placed her talon in his. 

"Moon...what I'm about to tell you...is very...heavy..." Qibli whispered. Moon nodded, encouraging him to go on. "A year after you...didn't reciprocate my feelings, I met this girl. Her name was Nile. I'm going to spare you the details about what happened because frankly, it's nobody's business...unless you want me to tell you. Because I will tell you if you want," Qibli ranted. 

"Stop," Moon ordered. Qibli stopped. "You don't need to tell me the details. In fact, I don't want to know the details." 

Qibli smiled then took a deep breath. "Anyway, a year later we got married...and we had a daughter, Gobi..." Qibli whispered. Moon inhaled sharply a little bit but then she released it. Why would she be angry at him? He had the right to live his life. It was perfectly okay for him to start a family. Didn't Moon start a family too? "When Gobi turned two, Nile...uh...passed..." Qibli whispered, turning his head. 

Moon didn't say anything. "She was, uh, going to see her family in Possibility when her wing got to close to a torch. She didn't know she was burning until someone screamed. And as everyone was running and screaming, her wings brushed against a Dragonflame cactus and...it exploded," Qibli explained, tears streaming down his snout. 

Moon sighed and wrapped her wings around him. She pulled him closer to her so he would feel her warmth. Qibli didn't want to move, but Moon made him. Qibli's tears started to create puddles and this gave her a little jealousy. Did Qibli ever cry over her? Stop that, Moon told herself. He's hurting...and as his...whatever we are, it's my job to take care of him. When Qibli stopped crying, Moon smiled weakly at him. "You better?" she whispered. 

Qibli nodded. He looked at her and smiled back. "Moon...I wanted to tell you this because...I want you to be more than my friend. I get that you're still mourning over Winter. It makes sense. You pledged your loyalty to him when you got married-" Moon pressed her snout against his. "Or we can forget about Winter and jump straight into a relationship."

"Qibli, I loved Winter...but he's dead to me now that he gave me this scar," Moon growled, pointing to a small scar over her eye. "It was traumatizing. But I love you more...so...Qibli of the SandWings...will you be my boyfriend?" Moon wondered. 

"Yes." 

"Awesome." 

"Awesome."