Episode 1. Pilot | 3

Julianne Bailey Routledge

"Doesn't look like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would stay." I stated.

Pope nodded, "No. It looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed."

We finally docked the boat, JJ doing a weird voice, "This is your Captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing."

The more that I looked at this place, the more it creeped me out. It looked like it was about to fall over.

"Jules, you coming?" JJ asked me, to which I shook my head.

John B grabbed my arm, pulling me off the boat, "Yes, you are."

"Hey." Pope said, pointing at me, "Don't let them do anything stupid."

"I'll try, buddy." I half joked, dreading what was about to happen.

"We will." JJ beamed.

"I'm not making any promises." John B replied.

Kiara gave the keys to John B, looking into his eyes, "Be careful. I mean it."

John B let out an award laugh, "Yeah."

The three of us made our way up creaky stairs, searching for the room.

JJ put his hand on John B's shoulders, mocking Kiara, "Just be so careful, John."

I shoved JJ, "God, you're so weird."

JJ ignored me, "What the heck was that about?"

John B flailed his arms, "I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful."

JJ wasn't believing it, "Since she heard that you guys are being threatened with exile, she's just been, like," JJ put on another girl voice, impersonating Kiara again,"Oh! Be so careful, John B. Oh, just give me that John D already?"

"Ew." I cut in.

JJ continued, finally dropping the girl act, " When are you gonna swoop on that, man?"

John B shook his head, "Bro, you know the rule. No Pogue-on-Pogue macking." Honestly, I thought the rule was stupid. Love is love. "Besides, you're the one always hitting on my sister."

JJ glanced at me, giving me a wink, "Of course I'm hitting on her. She's a super hot, girl version of you."

John B shook his head, "Still my sister, bro. Don't try anything."

JJ went back to talking about Kiara, "But Kie's a rich-kid, slumming with us. Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares, bro? Have you even tried that door?"

My face was flushed red from JJ's previous statement, but I pushed it to the back of my mind.

John B shook his head, "You need help."

I pointed at my brother, "I agree. Not even a little bit of help, you need a lot of help."

John B cut back in, "It's like every girl that has a heartbeat, you're just like, 'uh!'"

JJ gave us a weird look, "What? It's not a big deal."

I read the number on one of the door, recognizing it, "Is that us? Twenty nine."

John nodded, "This is it."

JJ knocked on the door, making his voice sound like a mouse, "Housekeeping."

I put a hand on my mouth to suppress my giggles. He really was a dork sometimes.

"Should we try it?" John B asked. JJ and I nodded, John B putting the key in the door.