Chapter 2

That afternoon I spent in the poppy fields behind the castle as the boys played with animals and ran back and forth across the field. I smiled as we started our journey back home. I had agreed to the boys I would drop them off at Phil's house since it was getting dark out. The sun was setting beyond the horizon making the sky turn lilac and pink. When we reached the little cabin built about a quarter of a mile in the woods the lanterns were on, along with smoke pouring out of the chimney.

Before we could get to the door it burst open with a happy looking Phil and the boys rushed forwards giving him a hug. Like my own father his hair was turning grey and he was getting older but he was still a lovely man. His grey wings were tucked behind him and a smile rested on his face as he hugged his boys.

"Ah Marlow, how lovely it is to see you." He said as the boys rushed inside to probably bathe and change. "As it is you." I say and he grins.

"I hope they weren't too much trouble today. As they get older they just get roudier." He says a loud laugh escaping his lips and I join in. "No trouble at all, it's nice to see them. They always get me out of the castle." I say and I pull out a grey like towel from the basket. I had grabbed it before we left the castle knowing Phil would need it.

"I noticed Tubbos horns were starting to grow in and I know the growing pains are probably terrible. You can cut this in two and tie it to his horns at night, it's enchanted with healing. I figured it would do some good." I say and he takes it with a smile.

"I'm not sure what we'd do without you." Phil said grinning as he folded it neatly putting it in his pocket.

"I'll see you soon, if you have nothing for them too do you can always send them back to the castle." I say smiling and he nods waving me off as I start down the path with the little daylight left in the sky.

...

When I woke the next morning Niki was the one waking me up. She worked in the gardens most days but she was a help anywhere she was. Most of the time if Anita one of the older maids who'd come wake me up if Niki didn't.

"Good morning Marlow." She said with a smile her blonde hair pulled back into a small ponytail.

"Good morning Niki." I say sitting up from the bed. She now was half way out the door and she turned around swiftly leaning against the door frame holding the door.

"I left your breakfast on your vanity. Phil stopped by this morning and asked if you could take Tommy and Tubbo to the village today. Also, your father wants you to meet him in his study this evening for the return of the guards." She says and I smiled thanking her. "Don't work yourself to hard." I call out and her laughter drifts through the door before she closes it.

I stand up picking out one of my light black dresses with flowy sleeves so I could move around more when being with the two children today.I pulled my hair back with a light blue ribbon and fixed my mothers ring on my right hand. I picked up the bowl of fruit off the vanity and the coin purse off my nightstand and started out the door. The castle windows were open so I knew today was going to be nice since they only opened the windows when there was a nice breeze outside.

I forgot to ask Niki if Phil dropped the boys off at the castle or if they were home but my wondering was cut short once I seen them perched in the kitchen with a bowl of fruit in their hands.

"Up early I see." I say and their heads snap in my direction smiles on their face. I knew they were up early every morning when Phil went off to gather supplies and farm his land.

"As always." Tommy boasted happily putting another strawberry in his mouth. I ruffled Tubbo's hair as he grabs his own bowl of fruit.

"Village today huh?" I ask and Tubbo nods his head eagerly. "Phil said we could get whatever we wanted to bring home. I seen one of those stuffed bee's on that one ladys cart last time and I'm hoping she still has them." He said excitedly I knew who he was talking about. She was one of the older ladies that spent most of her time hunched over her loom or sewing while her husband farmed crops. I followed them out of the kitchen and we walked through the halls. It was louder than it was yesterday and I seen more people out and about.

"Alright do you two have everything you need?" I ask sliding my old worn satchel over my head. I normally carried healing salve and specials potions. I knew I had some food packed and my coin purse slide inside.

"Yeah, we're ready. Do you think you could put this in your satchel I don't want to lose it." Tubbo handed me two pieces of a rag. It was the same rag I had given Phil. I smiled looking at it knowing Phil used it. "And this?" I turn to see a small leather pouch in Tommy's hand and I knew it was full of coins Phil had been saving up. Truth be told I wasn't going to let them spend their money, I had full intention of buying what they needed or wanted.

We traveled the small beaten path down to the village watching the birds swoop tree to tree overhead. Tubbo was happily riding on Tommy's back but even though Tommy agreed when Tubbo asked for a piggy back ride it did not stop him from complaining the entire trip. When we finally reached the village the normal carts were set up for trading and Tommy sat Tubbo down.

"I have one rule." I say turning to them both and they looked up at me with raised eyebrows. "If you guys wonder off from me, stay in eyesight okay?" I ask and they both nod their heads and they start walking in front of me and I follow as they venture from stand to stand.

When we finally reach the small loom stand that was set up Tubbo jumped for the opportunity and grabbed the first biggest bee plush he seen. Next to it was a small plush cow and I watched Tommy smile and reach forward to grab it. He looked to me as if he was asking for permission to get it and I just nod with a smile on my face.

The lady was sitting in her chair half way asleep but I made my way over to her and smiled.

"Oh hello- oh Princess Marlow how can I help you." She asked stuttering and I smiled waving her off, her shoulders slumped back down immediately.

"Just these two." I say stepping to the side and her eyes travel to the two boys holding the little sewed animals and she smiles. I hand her a few coins from my pouch and she smiles waving to us as we walk away.

"What's next?" I ask looking at the two boys walking side by side with me. They smiled at one another looking at the blacksmith ahead racing one another too look at some of his latest works.

...