Chapter 7

The meeting was going fairly well, although I was now slightly concerned about what happened in the past. It was starting to mesh together and not make sense and I made it a point to ask someone after this meeting was over. I would have to ask Atticus or Technoblade considering my father, who I've asked before, would not tell me a single detail other than it was just history. Not even the 'history' books in the library would cover it.

"What I'm saying Ronan is you can't just throw something so big in the past." Atticus says slamming his fist down on the table and leaning over it and my father sighed rubbing his forehead in deep thought. Atticus starts in again setting down sighing as well.

"Ronan I want to overcome this bridge but it was almost unforgivable to our people and let alone some of yours. If we can't find someone or something to unite the kingdoms again this will end in war again." He said with somber eyes and my throat dropped to my stomach and Technoblade cut in shushing Atticus.

"King Ronan it's going to take more than a week to fix an entire history of hatred. As much as I would like to have it fixed in that time, it simply won't happen." He said and my father nodded. "Son, I understand that but I'm getting too old to sit up on this throne. I just want it fixed before she sits in my place." He said looking over to me. Technoblade and Atticus's eyes meet mine in shock.

"I thought you had a son too?" Atticus said and my eyebrows furrowed and Ronan looked at them the same way. "I've always only had a daughter but I guess now you could say I have a adopted son younger than her?" He said almost like a question and both of them go silent for a moment and I could tell they were thinking.

"Has she ever been to the Nether?" Atticus asked leaning forwards on his hands slightly and my father shakes his head sternly.

"No she hasn't. I haven't went since the war and I didn't want to take her there and make your people mad." My father said and Atticus switches to sitting up straight in his chair his ears perking up just a bit due to the new fact.

"Well, I know one thing that could help us both a little bit." He says and my father looks up to him then at me.

"Ronan, Techno could take her to the Nether. He could protect her and you know that. If we can get her to bond with out people it would help start the stitching with solving our problems." Atticus said looking at my father dead in the eyes.

I let a smile take over my face. I've always wanted to go and Nether and I look up at Atticus then to my father and I could tell he was trying to come up with an excuse since I never left the village. If I did leave the village it was only to go to see my Uncle and he didn't even let me out of the castle.

"Father, you know we need this." I say speaking for the first time during the meeting and he turns to me in shock for speaking.

"Marlow, you have to promise me to be careful over there." He said worriedly looking at me seeming to forget we were in the middle of a important meeting. "I know how to handle myself." I say which was true. When I was little I had spent most of my free time with George, Dream and Sapnap battling in the training room for fun. After so long there dads took me under their wing to teach me.

"Marlow it's your decision." He says with a faint smile but I could see the worry in his eyes. I turn to Atticus and Technoblade with a smile.

"I'll go." I say and I could see the soft smile from Technoblade and Atticus seemed ecstatic that I said yes.

"It's all set then, Techno will escort you the day after the ball." Atticus said and my father sighed quickly putting on a smile and clapping his hands together. The sound echoed through the throne room.