Chapter 21

I laid there with Ranboo curled up by my side his head on my chest, Tommy was on the other side of me and Tubbo was asleep curled up between my legs. There was no way for me to move and truth be told I didn't want to. After we had got back to the castle they had spent hours with Phil glad to see us all back in one piece. After that they all came back to my room and wanted me to tell them stories and eventually halfway through one they all fell asleep.

I wasn't surprised Niki had said they didn't sleep since we left and poor Tubbo was terrified and had to sleep in the same bed as Niki.

I absentmindedly ran my hands through Ranboos hair humming to myself. My door opened silently and Techno's eyes met mine and then switched down to the three kids that were asleep on top of me. He smiled pulling his mask up and resting it on his head.

"I see you have a hand full." He says gesturing to the kids and I sigh smiling slightly as he sits down on Ranboo's bed looking at the kids laying there asleep. 

"I do but I love them." I say and Tubbo stirs in his sleep turning over and I let out a chuckle running my hand through his hair. I felt like I had missed out on a lot in the last few weeks.

"I felt like we should talk about earlier." He said rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled remembering the kiss and everything that happened in the moment. He looked kinda out of it as he sighed.

"I liked it." I say and his head snaps up in a smile. "I was hoping I didn't push anything and I wanted to ask if I could take you on a date you know after all this was over?" He asked and I grinned looking at his red eyes. Instead of that normal look of seriousness that swam in them it was a happier look. 

"I'd love to." I say with a smile and he stood walking over to me. He leaned down pressing a gently kiss to my forehead and standing back up straight.

"Try and rest." He said before he left my room and I nod looking down at the kids.

...

I had woken up and Tubbo and Tommy were gone but Ranboo was still lying there. He wasn't asleep he was wide away messing with the emerald earring hanging down.

"Hey Ran, how'd you sleep?" I ask and he looks up at me sitting up rubbing his eyes.

"I feel much better." He said leaning forward wrapping his arms around me his head tucked into the crook of my neck. I wrapped my arms around the boy, hugging him back.

"I have to leave again soon." I whisper and he leans back a frown on his face. 

"But you just got back." He said his voice cracking and I lean forwards bringing him back into a hug to keep him from crying. Tubbo and Tommy were the same way. They got really sensitive when it came to people being gone long periods of time. 

"Don't worry this won't be dangerous and I'll come back quickly. You'll be with Niki again. But after I come back we can do something together just the two of us." I say and he looks up at me.

"You promise?" He asks and I nod with a smile.

"Of course. Let's go get something to eat." I say looking out my window noticing the morning sun filtering through the window. I stretched noticing my arm was still very sore and I winced slightly.

Ranboo and I walked side by side to the kitchen and sat down together. We each had a plate of fruit and olive oil and bread. I sighed at the sweet scent and Ranboo must have been hungry as well because he immediately took a bite of his bread.

"May I join?" I look up to see Techno standing there looking down at the seat in front of him. He wasn't wearing his normal red cape instead he had is white shirt on and a corset was laced around his middle. My cheeks heated up seeing what he was wearing and I quickly nodded patting the table in front of me. He gave me a simple smile and popped a blueberry in his mouth. I knew I needed to pack and I knew I needed to get ready to go to the badlands but I didn't want too.

I didn't want to but I would because I didn't want to leave my Kingdom behind just to get rule another one.

...

"Do you and dad have to go?" Tubbo asked holding onto my hand as we stood in front of the horses. Ranboo was standing at my other side looking up at the horse and Techno with a frown on his face.

"Look, don't tell your father but if I can't find one while on my journey I'll bring you back a real bee?" He nods his head a bit a small smile over his face and I knew that too his mind off of the trip for a little bit. 

I turn to Ranboo who was upset as well. 

"It'll be okay, I'll be back soon." I say ruffling his hair and he smiles at me holding his necklaces in his hand. He did that when he was nervous. Tommy was sitting under a tree behind us and I turn to him, he didn't want to have to say goodbye again. I wave at him and he looks at me solemnly and waves back. 

Techno reached down holding his hand out and I take it as he pulls me up on the horse. Phil was on the horse next to us, we agreed that Atticus would stay with my father while we were gone. Phil had been in his own world since we got back and really since the mention of my mother and my half brother. I knew he was having problems with it and that he missed his son but but he had spent a year searching for him and still never found him. 

"Are we ready to go?" Techno asks turning to Phil and he nods pulling his hat down almost over his eyes looking forwards. I leaned back slightly resting knowing the trip to the badlands was going to take at least a day to get there. 

"Where will we be stopping if we don't make it before nightfall?" I ask leaning into Techno.

 "Probably anywhere with solid ground where we could set up tents and a fire." He says as we enter the forest. Phil was riding in front of us and Techno turned towards me.

"Are you going to be okay? I know this is a lot for you." He said and I shrugged knowing it would be worth it when it was all over. A spider hissed at us from the tree above but never moved to attack.

"Yeah I'll be okay, as long as all of this mess if fixed in the end." I say and he sets his hand on my knee a smile poking up from under his mask. 

...

just a boring filler till we get to the good stuff and yes it is 2 am :3