Chapter 27

Technoblade's POV

"Are you sure your ready for this it's a big commitment." Atticus said as he watched me place the crown on my head in the mirror. The mask on my face shielded any emotions I had which I was grateful for. If he could see my face he would see how nervous I truly was for today. Maybe all of this was too soon? Was I truly doing the right thing.

"You're overthinking it now. I didn't mean it in a bad way it's just stressful sometimes." Atticus said coming up behind me and setting his hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath closing my eyes for a moment.

"I think it'll be okay. I'm ready and I know if I don't someone else will."

...

Marlow's POV

"Niki, I feel like I'm going to throw up." I say truthfully as I look at the dress she had been tightening for me for the past thirty minutes. She'd made little adjustments here and there honestly anything to keep me in here longer is what I had been looking forward to.

"It's going to be okay you're going to be a great Queen." She said as she pulled the corset tighter making me lose my breath and nodding my head quickly to let her know it was more than tight enough. My mind would drift to the coronation to Techno. I knew he was coming back today and I missed him more than I'd like to admit.

"I don't know about great but I'll be something alright." I said trying to relieve the pressure that seemed to be pushing in on my chest at the thought of how many people would be attending this today. The thought of the throne room being filled with benches and the archbishop of the Village standing menacingly with my mother's crown in hand.

A sense of pride filled my chest thinking about wearing my mother's crown. I would be the first woman of our Kingdom to rule by myself, no King at my side. I sighed as Niki placed a necklace around me and smiled at me in the mirror as she clasped it.

That was it I was done.

"Are you ready? I'm sure the boys are ready to escort you to the Throne room. You know the drill Sapnap and Dream are taking you there, George is leading you up the stairs to the Archbishop and he will stand behind you the entire time. You won't be entirely alone okay? Don't focus on the people, you're going to be just fine." She said running things by me on more time and giving me a small pep talk. I sighed smoothing my dress out.

I pulled the door open and sure enough Sapnap and Dream were standing there with smiles on there face. I stepped between the two of them. The hall in front of me was barren and quite. I was face to face with the door they would leave me with George at once it was opened.

"Let's go." I said and they nodded as they started walking besides me. They were covered in their ceremonial outfits and had a diamond sword at their side to complete the look. The sound of our feet hitting the cobblestone floor was the only sound that could be heard through the hall. The closer we got to the door the more I could hear the chatter coming from the other side. It was a distant sound that distracted me slightly.

When we reached the door, Sapnap and Dream pulled it open revealing rows and rows of people who stood up immediately and all talking stopped. George walked to my side as Dream and Sapnap pulled the door shut and stood on each side of the doors. George had a soft smile on his face which eased my nerves slightly.

When I looked forward my father stood there besides the Archbishop and Ranboo at his side. He looked nervous and I wished nothing more than to give him a hug. George turned to me sticking his hand out 'helping' me up the stairs, something I didn't need but everyone deemed necessary for some reason. I turned now standing in front of everyone and my eyes wandered to Atticus and Techno sitting in the front row on the first bench.