Chapter 3

I sat in the library with the boys when I heard the Throne room doors open below us and I look up and they look back at me. I knew this meant that the guards were back so I stood up smoothing out the wrinkles in my dress.

"I'll be back probably in an hour or so, I can walk you guys home after if you want." I offer and Tubbo offers me a smile and so does Tommy. "We'll stay in the library while you're gone." He said and I start off down the stairs. It was nightfall and I knew they would be the only people entering the castle this late. I walked down the hall looking at the doors that were now shut and I open one slightly stepping through it.

My father's eye snap up to hearing the tall dark wood door open and so do all three of the guards. I smile as I make my way up to them taking the stairs to set by my father's throne. I notice the cut above Sapnap's eye and the dents in their armour. I knew they must have had a run in with Illagers.

Dream stepped forwards handing the sealed letter to my father and then he steps back into the small line in front of us. My father gently rips the lip of the seal and unflds the note. His eyes quickly skim the paper a small smile forming on his face and when that happened I knew my Uncle had agreed to bringing Atticus here.

"Men." My father said looking up from over the paper and all there shoulders seemed to stiffen as they stood up straight. I studied all their figures making eye contact with Sapnap and offering a small smile and he nods slightly back.

"Prepare for a trip to the Nether." My father stands up and they all turn around walking off in a hurry. My father turned to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"It's best that you stay here and prepare the rooms and talk with the maids about the upcoming event. If you can I would like you to arrange a welcome ball. If all goes right I will be back the day after tomorrow and will have guest." He smiled at me but I knew this would be one of his lasts trips as he limped away using his hand to hold his hip.

I made my way back to the library only to see Tommy and Tubbo sitting on the stairs holding there stuffed animals. They were talking as I walked up to them.

"You two ready?" I ask picking up the lantern by the door and lighting it with a flint and steel. "I hate walking in the dark the mobs scare me." Tommy says and I take his hand in mine as I open the doors.

"It's okay you're with me, Tubbo buddy you coming?" I ask turning around and he drowsily nods and I look at his droopy ears and I smile leaning down and picking him up letting him sit on my side. He was too old to be carried like this and very heavy but I knew him actually walking the whole way would not happen. I handed Tommy the lantern knowing I couldn't hold it and carry him at the same time. He tucked his cow under his arm holding the lantern in his left hand and we started down the stone path. I swung the gate open behind the castle as we started down the dirt path back to Phils house.

Tubbo was well asleep once we reached Phil's house and Tommy had almost wore the lantern out by the time we got there. I knocked on the door and the door swung open with a tired Phil and when his eyes traveled to Tubbo he smiled and reached forwards taking him. I handed him the bee that he had dropped once he fell asleep and smiled. I slightly pushed Tommy forwards and took the lantern from him.

I handed Phil the coin pouch and he smiled. "You have to stop spending money on them." He said bouncing Tubbo slightly and I shrugged.

"I like to spoil them oh and you, here." I pulled the small bag of groceries out of my satchel and sat it in his hands as well along with Tubbos healing rags. "I know you don't like going into the village for stuff like that." I say and he smiles as the sugarcane and bottles of honey placing the rags back into his pocket.

"Thank you, I'll probably have the boys with me tomorrow as well." He says and I nod relighting the lantern.

"Take care Phil." I say turning away to start back to the castle. I hummed a tune that was often played in the ball room for dances and looked at the stars. I was in a rush sort of since I knew mobs were out.

I was halfway back to the castle and almost out of the woods when I heard crying. I turned around looking off into the woods were the noise was coming from. I knew when night came mobs lurched about but this sounded like a human crying. I started off in the direction where I had heard the crying and called out.

"Hello?" The crying stopped immediately and I stopped in my tracks not taking another step. "It's okay I'm not here to hurt you, you can come out." I say as sweet as possible knowing whatever this was, was to scared to come out in the open with me.

"I swear I'm not going to hurt you. I'll help you." I say and I hear a bit of rustling when I see a pair of eyes but they weren't the same color. One eye was green and one was red. I raised my lantern up a bit so they could see my face. "It's okay." I say once more and they step out onto the path. He was tall, he looked young but he was tall. He was a perfect hafling, split straight down the middle. It was a rare thing for this to happen and my father had only talked about it once. His best friend from the desert biome had been a halfling like this one.

One side of his was a blackish purple color and the other part of him was a perfect white color his hair the same way. He had tears running down his face and scars laid under his eyes following the tear trail. He must be part enderman.

"Hey what's your name." I said taking a step forward and he flinched back and I held up my hands. "I'm not going to hurt you a promise." I say and he looks at me.

"My name is uh, it's Ranboo." He said and I watched another tear run down his cheek and it sizzled. Water hurt him.

"Hi Ranboo, I'm Marlow. How old are you?" I ask and he fidgets and thinks for a moment. "I-I'm nine and a half." He says and my heart sinks a little he was Tommy and Tubbos age and he was out alone at night.

"Do you know where you're parents are?" I ask and he starts crying even more. "I don't have any." He cries and I frown at the boy.

"Hey it's okay don't cry. Do you need somewhere to stay for the night?" I ask and he looks up at me for a moment thinking more tears trailed down his face and he hastily wipped them away.

"I don't want to be a burden or upset you." He whispers and my heart melts at his heartbroken voice.

"Don't be silly, you can come back with me and we can get those cuts bandaged up and get you some different clothes." I say sticking my hand out for him to hold. He looks at it for a moment and hesitantly takes it in his and I lightly squeeze it leading the tall boy to the castle.

"So Ranboo, do you remember how you got out there?" I ask and he shakes his head looking down as we walk. "I don't really uh, have the best memory." He says and I frown at him, it must be why he stutters so much, he has to really think about things.

"Is there anything you could possibly tell me about you so I could help?" I ask once we reach the end of the trail opening the gate to the castle. In the distance I could see skeletons and zombies walking around and I wanted to get inside as soon as possible.

"Uh, well I know I'm part Enderman. I know my name and my age but that's about all I can remember." He frowns and I squeeze his hand turning to the castle. His eyes look up at the castle and the doors we were standing in front of and his eyes widen.

"You're the p-princess." He stutters and I giggle at his boyish behavior opening the doors.

"Yes I am, now are you hungry?"