Chapter Fourteen: Sophie

(a/n I got 400 reads!!! Thank you guys soooo much for reading my fanfic. I'm hoping to get to 500, or if I'm feeling optimistic, 1k. Might not happen, but this story is far from over, so it's possible!)

NOTHING IS GOING WELL. None of the elixters had worked. And Fitz is making me date him, and  Keefe. And Biana is freaking out, because she's going out with Tam (but is clearly in love with Dex). And Linh still isn't here. And the Neverseen just sent us a message, but my job was to tell Keefe about his life. I really wanted to start decoding the message, but everyone reassured me that it was taken care of. Even Alden told me that there was nothing to worry about. He says that even more then Fitz says 'But we're cognates!'.

"You okay?" Keefe said, touching my arm. I was supposed to be filling him in on our past, because Keefe only seemed to trust me. Telling him about his mother was my job, but I wanted Keefe to have a little longer before he started hating himself and his parents. 

"Yeah. I just... really don't want to tell you this part." I said, smiling weakly. Everyone we trusted had been called to Elwins house, which consisted of about 50 people. And not one of them wanted to tell Keefe. 

"It's okay. We can take a break. Maybe I could meet some people you've told me about." said Keefe. "This room gives me the creeps anyway." We were in one of Elwins many spare rooms, but it looked straight out of a horror movie. I guess this is where he made the medicine, but it doesn't mean you have to make it look like you torture people! Add a window! 

"Are you sure you're up for that?" I pondered. I didn't want him to freak out just because I couldn't tell him the rest of the story. 

"Yeah! Maybe we could meet Biana, or Dex. And Stina sounds pretty cool!" Exclaimed Keefe.

"We can, but I have not been explaining Stina in the right way. But that's on me." I laughed, but was met with a puzzled face. "You'll get it one day." I sighed, and I opened the door. We were met with long, twisting hallways, and a quest to find Biana. 

"Race you?" Keefe said, raising an eyebrow and smirking. Maybe he was coming back. 

"First one to find Biana wins." I said. As soon as the words left my lips, Keefe gasped and pointed to the window. I ran to the window, to see what had happened. But... I couldn't see anything strange. 

"What did you see?" I asked, whipping my head around. But Keefe had gone, and with it, my chance of winning the race. But there was a couple of skills that I had, that Keefe didn't know about. Such as my ability to teleport, and to track people by following their thoughts. I closed my eyes, and tried to find some familiar thoughts. (a/n heeey.. so I actually have no idea how Sophie tracks people in basequest, so I'm kinda just going with this. Sorry!) At first, I heard nothing. I made myself push deeper, try harder. I heard a quiet whisper. I tried to go to it, and the whisper became louder. I was so close, and I was able to make words out. I started to run towards it, but when sentences began to make sense, I knew it wasn't her. 
Don't blush... this is serious. Jensi isn't more important then Neverseen. So why is he making me feel this way?  ...Wut. Someone has a crush on Jensi?  I couldn't help it, I had to see who it was. I bet it was Stina. Or A- At least he's started calling me Marella again. I couldn't go much longer with the Ella nickname. Yep, I had overstepped big time. I snapped myself out of it, because... ew. I stood there with my mouth open like a fish, but then I reminded myself that Keefe can't win this. Because he would never let it go. I went back in, and felt a new person, who was overwhelmed with regret and joy. They weren't whispering, they were yelling. 

Tam.. I'm a terrible person. I followed the voices in my head, knowing that it would be Biana. The long, white, twisting hallways never seemed to end, but the voice kept getting louder and louder. Until finally, I made it to a wooden door. Just as I was about to open it,  Dex screamed "Wait!". He was painting, because he must have ran here. "Please don't go in there." Just as he said that, Keefe turned the corner. He was sprinting as fast as he could. Frantic to win, I opened the door. Inside, I saw a disheveled Biana, hair a mess and lipstick all over her mouth. When she saw me, her face changed from happiness, too looking like she had just seen a horrifying monster. She  locked  eyes  with  someone  in  the room, who I assumed was Tam. Just as I was about to say hello, I saw silver hair. Long silver hair.

"Linh?"