Chapter Twenty Eight: Sophie

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Keefe shouted at Gisela, and I wasn't giving them my full attention. I was currently avoiding the multiple daggers being thrown at me.

"I'm never going to give up on you. I raised you, and that's why I know that you will join me." Gisela said, walking over to join Keefe. I turned my attention back to the three neverseen, and I charged them. One was taller than the others, so I ran towards them. They started to reach into their pocket, so I punched them in the face. My fist exploded in pain, but I kept fighting. They staggered back, which gave me an opportunity to kick the other one in the gut. They grabbed onto my foot, so I pulled out a new gadget Dex had given me and threw it. It latched onto their cloak, and the Neverseen let out a very painful shriek. Just as I was turning my attention back to the first one, something came at me from behind. They lifted me up from the neck, cutting off my airway. I choked for breath, the longer I was held the more agony. I needed air, but a purple monster was clouding my vision. But then the pressure was gone, and I inhaled sharply. I staggered around, before a familiar presence caught me. 

"Some first date." Keefe joked, laughing despite being in the heat of the battle. 

As my eyesight returned, I saw the three Neverseen laying in a heap at Keefe's feet. "I much prefer any date that has you, or one where death isn't involved."

"I couldn't agree more." He said, ice blue eyes twinkling in the sun. "Shall we get back too it?" Keefe said, as two more figures hidden underneath masks ran towards us. 

I giggled, "Not going to try to stop me?" 

"After all of these battles, I think it would be useless." Keefe smirked, "Plug your ears." I shoved my hands into my ears, and shouted. Cover your ears, now. I pictured everyone that I knew was there, and transmitted it as loud as I could. When people started dropping like flies, I knew it was okay to listen. Keefe fell to the ground, and I leapt to try to catch him. I grabbed his hands, and pulled him back to his feet. 

"Are you okay?" I whispered, as Keefe steadied himself. 

"Y.. yeah.." he said softly, "Just a little dizzy." While Keefe regained his senses, I looked around the field. So many people had fallen, and I searched for anyone who hadn't plugged their ears in time.  All of the hooded figures had fallen, but one of them looked familiar. I walked over to them, and kneeled down next to them. My heart beat was racing, but I couldn't wait any longer. I pulled back their hood, to see a fallen figure with a face that I couldn't quite place. 

"Addler." Fitz's voice came from behind me, and I tried my hardest not to flinch. He grabbed the persons bracelet, and started to untie it. Just as it fell off of their hand, suddenly the blur I hadn't realized was there faded. Ruy had dark brown hair, with full lips and rosy cheeks.  Her eyes were closed, covered by her eyelashes. "Are you okay?" He asked, leaning down so close I could feel his breaths. 

I pulled away from him, "Y-Yeah. I'm fine.." I trailed off, before Keefe came running over to us.

"Find anyone?" He asked sharply, glaring at Fitz with his startling ice blue eyes.

"Nope." Fitz said, advancing towards me. "We're good." He put a protective arm around my shoulder, something I would have freaked out about before. Now I wanted to rip it off.  I had never heard silence quite so loud as I did right now, so I was relieved when Biana and Lihn started rushing over to us. 

"Guys." Biana yelled, pointing to Violet and Amy, and a hooded figure they were dragging. "Look what the cat dragged in." She smirked, crossing her arms in victory. Keefe raced over, probably wondering if he knew them. When Lihn pulled the hood back, I didn't see a member of the Neverseen. I just saw a cowardly traitor, who's wrinkled face was quickly fading. 

"Hello Moonlark." Mr.Forkle said, disguise wearing off in front of my eyes.