Chapter Twenty One: Sophee

(A/N I FORGOT HOW TO SPELL SOPHIE BUT I DECIDED TO KEEP IT TO SHOW MY WEIRDNESS). 

They had all left. I was in the process of inflicting on almost twenty people, when everyone ran. Blood and mud was all over me. The Neverseen was still under my control, so I started thinking of all the things that scared me. The dark, monsters under my bed, and most of all, death. They couldn't get away faster. When the dust settled, bodies from both sides were sprinkled throughout the field. I heard a screech, so I started to sprint. I held my breath so I wouldn't smell the dead bodies, and tried to stop my tears from falling as I recognized the corpses. I turned the corner, to see the most horrifying sight. Biana was bleeding, her once beautiful hair chopped up and her pants ripped. But what was the worst, was the Vespera was kneeling over her, holding a knife. 

"Biana!" I yelled, running as fast as I could. Vespera shifted her gaze to me, standing up. She pulled something out of her pocket, but I couldn't see what it was. She held it, as if she was aiming it. As I got closer, I realized that it was a gun. As she pulled the trigger, I ran faster towards it. I pictured the top of Elwin's house, and just as I was staring the bullet down-I was gone. "Hey! You missed." I said, with confidence that I didn't have. She aimed again, but before she was close to hitting me, I jumped off the ledge. Suddenly I was right next to her, and as she turned around, I punched her as hard as I could. I hope it hurt her more than it hurt me, and it hurt me a lot. When she yelped, I could tell that I had done some damage. Her pale cheeks flushed red with rage, and her eyes had clearly been slashed with a knife during her battle with Biana. It was time for Vespera to have something that would stay with her forever, just like Biana's scars on her back. Although, they had said 'no prisoners', so I guess forever wasn't in the cards for her. Just like how Bo would forever look the same, killing Five Neverseen before they shot him down like a dog. I pushed the thought away, because I was still fighting. Bo would've wanted me to mourn for him after Vespera was dead, and not a moment before. But Elf's aren't like Ogre's, because we feel guilt, pain and suffering. Ogres mostly just felt blood lust. Even then I knew that I was lying to myself. 

"You stupid little girl." She snarled. As fast as a viper launching at a mouse, she wrapped her arms around my throat. "I know that Lady Gisela doesn't want me to harm you, but you have no idea what I want to do to you." I was finding it more and more difficult to breathe. "I have gotten so sick of this battle, when if I wanted you to be gone, you would be already." I tried desperately to see, but the dark was creeping in. Just as I knew that I was going to die, I saw a figure rise behind Vespera. Finally, I could breathe again, and air had never felt so good. I wanted to close my eyes, hoping that my savior would deal with her. 

"Sophie!" Biana's voice rang through my ears. All I could see was swirling blackness, and it was speeding up. I felt something gross in the pit of my stomach, and before I could see anything I was blindly vomiting. "Sophie, it's okay. Just breathe." Her soothing voice calmed me down a little, but it didn't stop me from vomiting again. Slowly, the black started to abate, and the world came into view. And what I saw made me vomit again.  Vespera's body was motionless, a pool of scarlet beginning to form at her stomach. 

"Wha.." I murmured softly, putting most of my energy trying not to puke.

"Come on, you're okay.." Biana coaxed, pulling my hair back into a ponytail. "It's okay. Let's go find Keefe and Fitz." Just as she finished speaking, we heard another scream.  Amy's scream. 

"Amy!" I shouted back to her, praying that she could hear me. 

"SOPHIE!" I could hear Violet yell, and I began to sprint. Biana joined me, and ran right past me. My breathing was heaver, but I could still hear Biana's sharp intake of breath as soon as she turned the houses corner. Amy had started to sob, which gave me a little more strength. And there, lying the mud next to his mother, was Keefe with a sword sticking out of his stomach. His ice blue eyes were open, staring into space. Dried blood caked his hair, and a steady flow of deep red was coming out of his  wound. 

"No! No, no no no no no no." I blubbered, bending down to stroke his hair. He couldn't be dead. He wasn't just another causality, he was Keefe. I wrapped my hand around his, trying to feel a pulse.

"Keefe! Come back.. please..." With no response, I could feel my heart shatter into a million tiny pieces. "God, I love you. Please don't leave me... Keefe.." And that's when I felt it. It was so faint I knew it was going to stop very, very soon. But it was there. He had a pulse.