Twenty One

"i'm in love with you y/n. I love you, only you."

Harry and you stood in the empty and dim hallway, tears streaming down both of your faces. Meanwhile a ginger haired girl stood a further distance behind him, looking at the ground.

"How are you going to say you love me when i just caught Ginny underneath you. May i add, naked."

You made dead eye contact with her as she glanced up for just a second, every bone in your body stopping you from lunging at the two of them.

"i—"

Harry was lost for words because he had knew he was caught red handed, cheating om his girlfriend. No excuse or cry was going to get him out of the situation.

"and you especially—" your eyes searched for Ginny who had walked up a little closer. You were so angry with them.

Ginny knew you were talking to her but refused to look up, wether it was guilt or fear, we'll never know but not once did she ever look up at you.

"you knew me and Harry were together! yet you still made a move and somehow won anyway.." the tears were now falling faster and you gritted your teeth as you spoke. You were in so much pain but the only way you knew how to cover it, was anger.

"All this time my boyfriend had been sneaking out to be with you!" you shrugged "i mean i see why." you added with a scoff at the end of your sentence, Harrys head shot up in shock.

"you're the best quidditch player there is Ginny! you're funny and you're smart, the girl who will do anything for anyone." you laughed and looked at the wall and then back at the two.

"don't even get me started on how pretty you are Gin. Your hair is wavy and your smile is perfect, slim body and pretty hands. Who wouldn't fall in love with you?" your voiced cracked everytime you started a new sentence.

Harry and Ginny were silent. They said nothing nor had any reaction to what you just said.

You took one final deep breath and gave a weak smile, nodding, "have him. you deserve him a lot more than i do." a huge wave of regret hit you as soon as you said those words. "you'll treat him better, even he won't be embarrassed to walk around with you like he was me." you nodded and smiled more, holding back tears.

"maybe he'll even say i love you. The only time he ever said those words was now, when i caught him." and with that you took off his jumper and the ring he gifted you on your 3 year anniversary, handing it over to Ginny. "these will look better on you." you said turning around to walk off, wiping tears away as you did so.

Harry opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, Ginny stood in disbelief and shock also not saying a word. You on the otherhand walked away and disappeared without letting them get another word in anway.

You didn't need Harry Potter, you needed you.