Twenty Three

Christmas break.

the day every hogwart student longs for, counting down the days they can go visit family, eat big dinners and open presents. For two other students though it was quite different, considering the both grew up in horrible homes they just never went back or visited. These two were well known in the school for being enemies, Harry Potter and Y/N Malfoy. In reality they were dating but they kept it secret to protect the two of them, especially since Y/N was a malfoy.

The two stayed back at Hogwarts by themselves, taking advantage of the quietness and slight freedom they had to roam the halls with eachother. A few hours before they were let out for break however, Harry had some real nasty things about y/ns personal life in an argument they had in potions, leaving y/n upset and angry with him.

"well well well.. if it isn't Harry Potter."

"i don't have time for your bullshit right now Malfoy."

"awww.. is someone distracted by my presence? unable to complete your project? i wouldn't want you to fail pretty boy.."

y/n sat in the hallway, in one of the window ledges having a flash back of the argument. She didn't mean to actually upset him or set him off, usually she'd say things to be a smartass then apologize to him under her breath. Today was different though, Harry seemed to be in a mood which sparked the whole argument.

"if you don't mind, please go away."

"no can do. sorry potter."

"if you're not gonna go away then at least stop being so annoying and rude."

"you should know me by now i-"

"for the love of god y/n! fuck off, go somewhere, i heard zabini is looking for a fuck buddy. Why don't you go take up the offer like the whore you are, no wonder your parents disowned you."

y/n remebered running out of the classroom so fast in shock and disbelief, Harry never said that or even went that far in their fake arguments. The worst part about this whole thing was the fact that Harry seemed so serious about it, he wasn't just playing along, he looked at her and said in the most harshest tone. He never said sorry either, not even after every student emptied the school he just walked past her, never looked at her once after that.

y/n had to admit that it hurt, what he had said hit her right in the heart and hurt her badly. She spent the rest of the evening sitting by herself either on a bench or in a window ledge, part of her wanted to find Harry but the other half was too hurt to do so. She just wanted to know why he said what he said, and why he seemed so serious about it.. did he truly think she was a whore? why all of a sudden did he turn on her?

She zoned out and got lost in her thoughts not even noticing Harry heading straight towards her, with his fists clenched. Her train of thought was interrupted when he shouted her name causing her to jump and stand up quickly, "harry there you are-" he cut her off, sounding angry.

"what the hell y/n!?" Harry shouted, earning a very confused look from the girl infront of him.

"what do you mean 'what the hell?' what happened?" she asked him, watching him roll his eyes as she did so.

"i heard slytherins gossiping, saying how you and Blaise shagged in the library..!" Harry was furious but now y/n knew why he said what he said earlier.

Y/N gasped in shock, not actually believing that Harry believed those slytherins, "Harry you don't actually think thats true do you? me and blaise hate eachother, always have.."

"just tell me the bloody truth.." Harry pleaded and looked down at the floor, as if he wanted to cry.

her eyes widened and she quickly cupped his cheeks with her hands, lifting his face up to be level with hers. "i would never cheat on you especially not with blaise. I promise you that if they saw me and Zabini together it was 100% an argument, one of us wouldn't have came out alive or unharmed." she said softly, trying to reassure him.

Harrys face softened up but y/ns eyes welled up with tears as she remebered how he called her a whore. "why'd you call me a whore..?" she whispered trying not to cry.

Harry shrugged "it was wrong of me and i'm sorry.. i got insecure and thought you actually shagged blaise. You're not a whore y/n.. you're a beautiful girl and i love you.." he smiled and pulled her in for a kiss.