Twenty Six

"you two are so blind!" Ron and Hermione shouted in unison, staring at you and Harry.

The both of you slowly turning to look at eachother and shooting one another a confused look, "what do you mean?" you asked, looking at Ron and Mione.

They groaned and ran their hands down their face, "we just sat here playing truth or dare for almost two hours, and you both still can't see how in love you guys are!" Ron exclaimed.

"We're not in love! besides—" Hermione shushed you, "idiots. the both of you." she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

They should've called themselves the idiots though. You and Harry had been in a secret relationship for months now, and it wasn't very obvious but there were some times one of you almost slipped up, and times ron and hermione should've caught on.

Like for example, both you and Harry disappear at the same times during night or day, sometimes you both don't make it to lunch and there have been numerous times playing truth or dare, where one of you was dared to kiss the other and it was done comfortably.

Hermione and Ron were obviously stupid if they haven't caught on yet, unless they decided just to pretend like they didn't know. However they weren't pretending to not know.. they legitimately did not know you two were dating behind their backs.

Harry had to try his best to keep himself together during the whole argument, all of him wanted to pull you in for a kiss right then and there to prove to them how dumb they were, but he needed to respect your wishes to keep it secret until you were ready.

It was killing him on this inside and if you were being honest, it was killing you too. Each of you had to watch other girls or boys hit on the other, you had to deal with Ron constantly try and get Harry to get with other girls. Hermione did the same and it always bothered Harry.

You were his girl and he was your boy, plenty of hidden hickeys to prove that statement.

The pair just stood there and looked at you two, blankly and somewhat calmly. Suddenly walking off and muttering insults under their breaths, "goodnight you two." Hermione groaned and headed up the stairs with Ron, shly.

You and Harry looked at eachother and giggled, "how could they possibly not catch on yet." Harry said quite sheepishly. You shrugged and wrapped your arms around his neck, "i don't know but what and see their faces when they find out." you said ever so smugly.

**

Ron and Hermione were sitting at the table when you and Harry arrived, walking over to them and sitting across from the two, secretly linking hands underneath the table with Harry. Your boyfriend tried his hardest to hide his redness in his cheeks but Ron caught it and pointed it out in a teasing manner.

"whos got Harry Potter blushing?" the red head asked, smirking.

Harry cleared his throat and squeezed your hand tightly, "your sister." he answered with a smug look.

Ron shot him a glare and flipped him off, "ew." Ron mocked with exaggerated gagging. Harry just laughed and stuffed bacon into his mouth, meanwhile Ron kept giving him the eye every once and awhile, obviously very grossed out.

Hermione on the other hand was trying to talk you into buying a love potion for your very old crush, Fred Weasley, she didn't know that though.

"Come on y/n! he probably likes you back anyway." she bugged with a very pleading look.

You shook your head and took a bite of your peice of toast, "no Mione, he doesn't and even so i don't need a love potion."

"i'm just saying.. you've been single since first year and you need a boyfriend! someone you're gonna marry after we get out of here, for merlins sake we have—" You cut hermione off knowing what she was going to say already.

"we only have two more years" you said, mocking her, rolling your eyes and earning a sigh from the very fusturated girl.

"look if you're not going to get with Harry, or Fred, you need to find someone else." she stated and closed her books.

You laughed, "i mean.. you're still single and Rons sitting right there. Haven't you noticed how in love you two are? its VERY obvious." You said emphasizing the word very.

Hermione glared at you and stood up, "see you in transfiguration later." she said and walked off quickly. Ron watched her walk off and also stood up, "yeah see you in potions later Harry." he waved goodbye and also walked off.

That left you and Harry alone, sitting at the table very visibly laughing at the two who walked off.

"darling, when are you going to be ready to tell them?" Harry practically whined and tugged on your hand.

You shrugged and kissed his cheek, "if they don't find out in two weeks, then we'll tell them. Deal?"

He nodded, "deal."

**

Two weeks passed.. Ron and Hermione still haven't figured it out so that meant you had to tell the two of them, like you promised your boyfriend. Harry was very excited because for him that meant he could be very affectionate and loving around them, but you were as nervous as ever.

You didn't want them telling the whole school but you also didn't want them to hate you for hiding it for so long either. Your feelings were a mess and Harry constantly reminding you never helped the anxiety go away. "Harry.. what if they hate us for lying to them?" you fiddled with your fingers.

Harry took ahold of your hands and caressed them softly with his thumbs, "y/n.. if anything they'll be super excited." he reassured and kissed you slowly. You kissed back and hesitantly nodded, pulling away and heading for the door.

Harry followed after you and eventually you two made it down to the common room area, where Ron and Hermione sat, arguing over common knowledge.

"hey guys.." you greeted nervously and smiled, weakly. They turned and smiled back at you, "hey Harry and y/n."

Harry cleared his throat and messed with his tie before finally speaking up, "so we have something to tell—" he was suddenly cut off by you blurting it out, quickly.

"me and Harry have been dating for months now."

... silence ... the pair staring at you in shock.

Their shocked faces suddenly turning into huge smiles and Hermione squealing very loudly. "I KNEW IT!" she shouted and jumped up. Harry and you relasing your breath which you didn't even know you held in the first place.

She turned to Ron who was smiling hugely like an idiot, "YOU OWE ME TEN GALLEONS!" she laughed and jumped around, sticking her hand out. Ron rolled his eyes and dug in his pocket, placing the 10 galleons in Hermiones hand.

Harry and you looked at eachother with bright red faces, laughing after a moment of silence between you two.

"see i told you they'd be excited." he teased, pulling you in for a kiss by your tie.