Chapter 25

a/n: This will contain a very small conversation about physical abuse. Just a warning.

Liam's POV (you're welcome)

I felt like Lauren was smashing my heart into millions of little pieces under the soles of her black Doc Marten's. When I purposed the ridiculous thought of Lauren using me for fame or money, I never had expected her to go along with it though. I could see the way her eyes no longer had the same glint of rebellion and happiness as they once did. Just these few short weeks have taken a huge toll on her. Her fiery hair was messy and unkept, and her makeup was smeared at the corners. I couldn't even remember the last time I kissed her.

But, like she said, it was all about the chase. Life was all about the fucking chase. Nobody ever got they wanted, there was always a price to pay. I was paying the price right now. I had no idea how, but I was going to get Lauren back.

But, there were plenty of girls in the world. Millions of them loved me. And here I was, stuck on some rebellious, freaky chick with a major attitude problem. Sure Lauren was absolutely beautiful, and was amazingly talented. But I still couldn't get my mind off of her as I sat alone in the hotel room. I had no idea were Lauren had ran off to, but I needed time to understand exactly how I was feeling. God, I hoped she wasn't with Zayn. I should put his head through a wall, but a small part of me always knew Zayn was in love with Lauren.

And I was sickened to learn about her brother. I knew from the moment I saw him he was no good. Through some connections-meaning I had management look into his file- I learned that her brother Chase was recently released from prison. He was arrested for domestic violence on her sister. Kylie, I think that was her name. The petite little brunette that came for a visit. It completely disgusted me that Lauren had to not only witness abuse from her father, but her brother as well. It was a true shame. Attitude aside, Lauren was a great person. She was great with advice, and she was strong willed. There were some many positive things that went along with being Lauren's boyfriend. She was smart, sexy, and caring.

And at that very second, a gasp escaped my lips when realization struck.

I'm in love.

I had not the slightest idea of why I just now realized it. Sitting alone, in my dark hotel room, I realized that I loved her. I loved Lauren, and I didn't regret it.

I was completely infactuated with Lauren Sierra Broker, that fiery red head with a bitchy attitude. I loved every inch of her. Her tongue ring, her tattoos, her unnatural hair, everything. It was a mind blowing experience, falling in love. You didn't understand why you love someone, but you did.

I had never been in love in my entire life, and it felt...amazing. It was adrenaline rushing.

I had to find Lauren, and tell her. I had to tell her how much I loved her, and how much I wanted to be with her despite the Zayn thing, and Meredith.

I was totally and disgustingly in love, with my fake girlfriend.

I jumped up off the bed, and wrangled my arms into a plain black shirt so I could go find her. I hoped she had an extra hotel key, because I realized I left mine thirty seconds after I shut the door. I speed walked down the hallway, and beat on Louis' and Niall's door.

"Hey mate. What's up?" Louis answers within seconds. Just one glance over his shoulder told me their room was a total mess.

"Is Lauren here?" I breathed out quickly. I saw the smile on his face instantly drop. His blue eyes squinted up.

"What?"

"Check across the hall." Lou sighed, before closing the door. Across the hall was Zayn's room. Of fucking course. I wasn't mad that she was with Zayn, but I wasn't happy. I saw the door was cracked open, so I allowed myself inside. Zayn and I were best friends, he wouldn't mind.

But I stopped directly in my tracks, when I heard crying. I peaked around the wall, and there was Lauren, crying her eyes out. She was curled up against Zayn, who had his arms wrapped around her.

"Baby its okay. Its okay. Everything will be fine. Listen to me baby girl." Zayn soothed her. My heart ached. Literally, ached at the sight. And before they noticed me, I swiftly turned around, and left. I left crying nearly as hard as she was.