15

Sasuke held his breath, he was scared, scared that hinata would hear his heart beat, scared that he couldn't hold himself and his desires.
He was so scared to lose control.
Since he was young, the feeling towards the hyuga was not understandable from his side.
He got those feelings that he never ever was acquainted to.
Sasuke was different when he was young...before the massacre happened.
He knew how to love, but after the massacre, he only knew vengeance.
Yes, he cared so much about his teammates, but those was long gone after he knew the truth....but those feelings were still confusing when it comes to the hyuga.
He was enraged when he saw her with her cousin.
He only felt anger when he realized naruto is getting stronger or when his father wasn't acknowledging him.
But for the hyuga, it was different kind of anger.
He felt burning sensation  inside his chest, the desire to take her hand and lash out onto her not to smile to anyone but him, or talk to anyone but him.
He remembers when he saw her at the woods, the desire to kiss her, the desire to taste those lips and he did it.
His body moved on its own accord.
Now that she is hugging him, sobbing inside his embrace, he felt confused!
The fact that she cries for him, to him, and needs him, the happiness that she only needs him, yet, the anger that whomever made this lawful wife cry, shall pay...shall be suffering, for those tears are so precious to him, and only belongs to him.
Sasuke kept frozen until she slowly calmed a little.
Her sobs seized and her shivers and whimpers now gone.
She slowly let go of sasuke.
She wiped her tears and looked down, so embarrassed to show face.
"G...gomenne..." she said.
"Hm" he wanted to say stop apologizing but the words didn't come out.
She turned and started cutting the veggies again.
Sasuke sat on the table.
Hinata turned and looked at him.
"You must be hungry, i...i fixed you tomato soup.." she said.
Sasuke nodded.
The sounds of knife cutting was the only back ground now.
Hinata poured the soup and sat across sasuke.
She handed him the bowl.
She fixed onigri too.
She looked at the box by sasuke's side.
"Oh...whats that?" She asked.
Sasuke's ears turned shades of red.
He kept his eyes fixated onto the bowl.
"Its...sakura's wedding gift" he said.
Hinata's eyes were a little shocked.
Her mouth was slightly gaped.
"S..sakura..." she stammered.
"Hm..." he nodded as he started eating.
To be honest, this tomato soup tasted nostalgic...just like mikoto did...it took him way back to when he was young and finished school days, heading back home to find his mother cooking for him.
He felt warmth inside his heart.
But soon, it was gone when hinata asked again.
"D..did you see sakura chan?" She asked after a while, not sure wether it was the right way to convey such question.
When she heard sakura's name, hinata wasn't angry...she has no ill feelings towards sakura...she knew naruto loved sakura, her first crush...she knew sakura loved sasuke so much...but a tinge and twisted feeling felt inside her heart.
Hinata doesn't know her true feelings towards sasuke...only that everything about sasuke is important to her.
His acknowledgment, being around...since they were children, as she always wanted him to agree about her relation with neji.
At first she thought it was friendship.
She loved neji romantically, but when sasuke kissed her, something inside her she never knew had woken up.
She wanted to kiss sasuke again...to make sure of her true feelings.
For her, sasuke was as important as neji...maybe a little bit much more important..she spent a whole year sparing with him.
He was important...but her feelings towards him wasn't understandable either.
And now! She was asking this love sick fool question.
She felt a little sad, why did sasuke met sakura! And why didn't she come to give hinata the gift herself. And if there was something between them..why did sasuke married hinata...only for business purpose?
Only for her kekki genkai, they pushed him to marry her right? Like a kind of outcast? Like they want to get rid of her?
And if so? Why wanting to sleep with her, must be for his own desires...manly desires.
Hinata hoped for an answer.
But the answer she was hoping, she didn't get.
Why is she feeling uneasy.
"Ah, we met, and talked...she gave me this gift." Sasuke elaborated.
He watched hinata's eyes gazing down.
She nodded.
She was disappointed, she was sad...above all, she didn't know why was she?
Is this jealousy? Can't be!
Is she jealous because sasuke and sakura are together? Just because neji died? Or she is jealous because its sasuke?
She didn't know!
Did she hope he got her a wedding gift? Is she mad because sasuke had the courtesy to kiss her and do these things yet, his heart belongs to someone else?
She doesn't understand this feeling.
Since he kissed her, she was in emotional turmoil.
On the other hand, sasuke was a little bit...thrilled.
Hinata...she seemed uneasy when she heard those words.
Could it be?
Maybe he is imagining, maybe because she was actually sad.
He decided to ask.
"What happened?"
Hinata looked up at him.
He was asking about earlier.
Hinata just shaken her head to turn the question down.
Sasuke just nodded.
He finished the bowls and food.
He stood up and placed the bowl inside the kitchen tub, and was going to wash it, when hinata held his hand suddenly.
Both their eyes met...and for a split of a second, her face flushed so did his ears.
"I..i'll do the dishes..." she smiled and took away her hand hurriedly.
Sasuke nodded then he left the kitchen.

Hinata finished the chores, and sat down, she started sewing some clothes, and singing.
Sasuke woke up from his nap, hearing such an angelic voice.
He thought it was a dream...he thought it was the lullaby his mother used to sing to him...but no, it was real...the voice was real...he walked slowly, down the aisle to find hinata at the sitting room, knitting and singing.
He kept listening behind the door.
He didn't want her to stop singing...he loved such voice.
She kept singing and he felt comfort...but unexpectedly he made a slight sound.
Hinata suddenly stopped knitting and singing.
Sasuke was embarrassed, he acts like a creep stalker and now he is busted.
"S..sasuke kun" she said and as she was going to activate her byakugan, sasuke casted a genjutsu so she won't be able to know that he was there.
Hinata shortly realized it was a genjutsu..
She took her fighting instance, she thought she was under attack, but suddenly, the genjutsu was gone and sasuke appeared in front of her.
Hinata yelped.
"Sasuke kun...you scared me!" She said.
Sasuke remained stoic.
"The genjutsu, did you cast it" she asked.
He nodded.
"Why?" She asked.
Sasuke had to lie...he must think of something.
"I..was examining myself..." what a lame lie.
However hinata bought it.
She nodded.
"Were you sleeping?" She asked.
Sasuke nodded.
He turned around to leave when hinata stopped him.
"Whe..where to?" She asked..not sure if she crossed the line as sasuke gave her a glare.
"Meeting with team seven" he said.
Hinata nodded and looked down.
Again, feeling uneasy...he will be meeting sakura again.
Why is she feeling uneasy.
She doesn't love sasuke!
But he was her husband now!
Maybe because he did all these things?
Maybe she thought he kissed her because out of affection?
He took her first kiss and he will soon take her first time!
Why was she upset.
No answer...
Hinata has to go to tenten.
She nodded to sasuke.
"Ikuzo" sasuke said and left.

To be continued.