Chapter 2

[The song is short so if you want, put it on repeat. I do recommend listening to the songs in each chapter while reading, but that's totally up to you. <3]

It was another beautiful day in Liyue. It would rain yes, but you liked the rain. It was gentle on your skin, comforting in a way you never thought possible.

However, this day was bright. Clear skies showed overhead as people were bustling through the streets. Some were happy, some were stressed, but you felt... Relaxed. Why was that?

You soon joined into the crowd of people, moving with the traffic as colors from clothes, flags, and booths shown from everywhere in Liyue. Their colors so bright, like they were reflecting the sun. You didn't mind it, you often thought that it was quite pretty. Soon you managed to make it through the crowds, finding your exit at a booth that sold beautiful Qingxin flowers, they were expensive but you had the mora to buy some once a week.

Why?

Well, your grandmother was ill. She was resting at your shared home and had asked you to buy some flowers like the ones she had, due to the fact that they started to wilt. After buying the bouquet you went an easier way around.  

You went through a smaller alleyway that held booths with small handcrafted goods. You stopped by a stall that had a woman selling some tea leaves. Now by handcrafted, I mean anything made by the hands of those that make them. Buying a small pouch, you thanked the woman and continued walking down the alleyway. 

It got brighter as the end of the alley came. Putting your hand in front of your eyes you looked to see where you were. A few kids ran by, your attention going to them once more. Your eyes once more traveled to a couple walking by.

They had a child of their own, an infant.

They smiled at you as you nodded and waved at the young one in their hands. They walked by and as you stepped out into the street you bumped into another person. You lost your balance, falling back, but the person wrapped an arm around your waist and had a strong but gentle grip on your arm.

They pulled you close, and usually, you would frantically apologize and leave. But the hold this person had on you was... Alluring. Slowly looking up, the sun blinded your vision as the person moved so one, you were out of the way of traffic, and two you could see them.

Tilting your head slightly as you looked up at them, your eyes widened. You had a feeling it was him, but since the Lantern Rite, you haven't seen him. "Greetings, Y/N, was it?" He asked carefully letting you go and giving you space.

"Yes, and Zhongli, correct?" You asked, your face flushed that you had bumped into him, much less having him catch you.

"I'm sorry about bumping into you. That is all my fault." You say putting a hand to your chest and nodding up at him.

"No, please. I should've watched where I was going." He says gesturing gently with his hand. It was a soft gesture, nothing quick and hurtful. But rather soft and slow.

You put together a few pieces and knew he wouldn't let you be the blame for it so you surrendered. "If you insist." You say, nodding to him. 

He smiled at you before holding his hand out. "Please, let me escort you home. It's no trouble." He said waiting patiently for your hand to hold his. You almost forgot what his hand felt like. It had that soft roughness, smooth and gentle, but so dangerous at the same time.

Linking your hand with his, he sent you another smile and turned so he was looking down the street. "So, where to, Y/N?"

[<3]