Chapter 10

[Listen to the song at the *** please and thanks :3]

Six months. That's how long you've been his and his only. His girlfriend, his lover. The two of you were thriving, letting your emotions run freely, not a care in the world. Anytime you made it to a breaking point he always came. You'd be sick, and he'd be there. Like he just magically appears but you didn't care, and he didn't mind.

You were currently getting ready for the day ahead of you. He had asked you to come with him on a small sightseeing trip, where the two of you would have a small picnic. You enjoyed these ones, as the two of you would often hold hands and talk about random topics and opinions.

Putting on your favorite bracelet and necklace you looked at yourself in the mirror. Your outfit fits you perfectly, the way it helped annunciate your body and curves felt good. You kept your hair down, it gently laid on your shoulders.

You had already put on your favorite perfume and now just waited for your lovers' arrival.

Sure enough, almost on cue, a knock was heard at your front door. Causing you to look over at it and suddenly become nervous. You always got nervous when he was around. Mainly because you didn't want to make a fool of yourself.

***

Going over to the door and opening it, you met those amber eyes. The ones that you loved, and literally melt at the sight of them. However, your eyes shifted downwards to the bouquet he was holding. A Qingxin bouquet.

You smiled slightly at them before looking back at him. He wore his usual attire, he also had a little dirt here and there, probably from getting the flowers. You sighed and dusted off his shoulder, a light blush appearing on his cheeks.

You smiled once more before he spoke. "Are you ready?" His voice smooth, unwavering even if he always got the jitters.

You nodded and he took one of your hands in his. His big, rough hand intertwining with your small, soft hand. They seemed to look as if they wouldn't fit, but they fit perfectly. Complimenting one another perfectly.

The walk was peaceful, the birds sang their usual tune as the nearby boars feasted on the grass. Zhongli was by your side the whole time. Watching you study the nearby surroundings.

He likes seeing you relaxed, not being tensed up over chores and all that. He'd be walking on the streets and see you bustling around here and there. Seeing you take small five-minute breaks before going right back at it.

He was glad he asked you out on this date. It was simple and sweet. Just how you liked it.

He watched as your face morphed into complete and utter awe when you arrived at the picnic site. You looked over the city of Liyue, mountains complimenting certain areas as a few rivers ran through. You could just barely see your home from there.

You were far away but it was too beautiful for you to care about distance, you were in complete and utter shock. He watched you gently, as your jaw was hitting the ground. He smiled and gently put a hand under your jaw, closing it.

You blushed madly and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, your eyes never leaving the view. Zhongli smiled, in his mind, the date was already perfect. However, you knew it was missing something.

You looked at him before asking for the Bouquet which he gave to you, already guessing what you were doing.

Taking one Qingxin flower from the bouquet, you picked off the petals and gently put the stem down. Grabbing Zhonglis' hand you put the petals in his palm before nodding to him. 

He looked at them quietly, before looking at you questioningly. He knew you were going to pick the petals off... But now what?

You sighed, a soft smile gracing your lips.

"Blow the petals out into the sky when you feel a breeze. My Grandmother and I did this everytime the bouquet was about to wilt. We often think of it as a gift to the gods. Whether it be Anemo or Geo, Cryo or Pyro." You explained as a small smile appeared on his lips.

He turned to the open view of the city and mountains, waiting for the perfect time to let the petals fly.

The petals were light, soft like a feather in his hand. He felt a light breeze and gently blew them out of his hand. Watching as the petals gently drifted away, he watched them go as far as he could see them, before looking back at you once he lost sight.

He noticed that you had done the same, your eyes gentle with the slightest bit of pride. You were happy to teach him that little tradition that you and your grandmother had, and he was happy that you taught him it.

{Ahhhh it was supposed to be longer but it's okay >:3]