Chapter 16

[I love you all so much ;-; y'all about make me cry DX

[I love you all so much ;-; y'all about make me cry DX. Enjoy! <3 also slight spice at the #, play the song at the ***]

After the reception was over you and Zhongli thanked the guests for coming. You never left his side as you felt much safer right beside him.  Even safer than before. 

As everyone was departing, a light breeze stirred the air as Venti giggled before disappearing. You thought he was a kind man, very playful, and had good taste in drinks. Though, alcohol has never been your forte.

Zhongli's hand gently held yours, he was talking to Xiao and Aether, along with the other Adepti. Your focus zoomed in some of the time but other times you stayed out of their business. 

Your eyes drifted around the area, the sunset was the best part and had the best timing. The way you sealed that promise as the golden light shown brightly on the two of you. You sighed thinking about it. Perfection, that's all you could think of it as.

Your eyes then met a couple, probably in their 50's, who were making their way around the mountain. You tensed as they were people you didn't know.

Zhongli glanced at you before his eyes flashed at what you were looking at. His eyes narrowed before speaking some hush words to Xiao, who looked at Aether afterward.

Aether simply nodded before going over to them. You had stopped looking in that direction as something didn't feel completely right about them.

"No one knows, correct?" Zhongli spoke to Moon Carver, keeping an eye on the newcomers.

"Indeed, no one knows besides those that had arrived."

You looked behind you, knowing they were there. They were just completely ignoring Aether's comments and before you knew it, you met eye contact with the female.

You were about to look away until she called your name. It was full of confusion and sorrow. You narrowed your eyes and furrowed your eyebrows, Zhongli put you behind him which you gladly accepted.

"No, wait... please! She's-" Getting cut off everything was silent. Solid arms were wrapped around you as a deep sigh was heard.

"I was hoping to end this on a peaceful note..." He said looking away from you, as you frowned while looking up at him.

"Hey... Don't worry about that right now. It's still our day- Well night... Technically but besides the point. We still have so much time left..." You said quietly leaning back into him, his hand on your hip tightening slightly.

He hummed, "I guess you're right." He said before gently scooping you up and kissing your forehead. Causing you to squeak and hold onto him tighter. He laughed and walk over to your shared bedroom. The tux was starting to bother him and he could tell you were itching to get out of the dress.

***

Setting you down on the bed you huffed and sat up, watching him quietly as he went to the wardrobe, taking his tie off.

A thought came into mind, "Can I give you a massage?" You asked eyeing his shoulders.

He looked at you confused as to why but non-the-less let you. Only if you got out of the dress and into something more comfortable.

You pouted slightly, mainly trying to get him to lighten up a little. He simply looked at you and smiled slightly. Frowning, you tilted your head slightly and stood up to get some clothes.

You took the clothes in your hands, your hands feeling the cloth and thinking of a way you could make him relax and just forget about it.

Barely reaching the ties on your dress you untie it and stretch, rolling your shoulders and then stepping out of the gown.

Taking the shirt you put it on, then the shorts. You winded your hands in your hair, taking it out and letting it rest simply down and natural. Your eyes skipped over to your mirror as you watch Zhongli quietly. He was hesitant to even touch his jacket. You knew about his secret, yet he was so afraid to show you.

You frowned and picked the gown up before hanging it up. Turning on your heel you walked up behind him and softly put your hands around his waist. He stayed relaxed but he still didn't move his hands.

You bit the inside of your cheek before softly taking his jacket off. Using your hands as delicately as possible. He sighed as he watches you through the mirror, the two of you making eye contact. "You don't need to hide from me... We're one now..." You say quietly placing a hand on his heart which he soon joined in.

Holding your hand on his heart, he smiled gently before turning around, surprising you as he picks you up. Up and over the back

Squeaking you gently hit his back, knowing the wound still bothers him. He lays you down on the bed, hovering over you as your face flushed and darkened by the minute.

"Do you think you can help me with some things?" He said eyeing your face for any signs of fear or discomfort.

###

You nodded and listened quietly, "Do you think you can help me get used to these... Marks?" He asked looking away before slowly back to you.

"Yes." You say sweet and simple. He smiled and shook his head before sitting up, letting you breathe properly.

You sat up as well, looking him over as he waited patiently. 'Massage huh...'  You thought smiling. "What's with that devilish grin, love?" He asked raising a brow before looking you over.

"Oh, nothing." You say as you unbuttoned his top, keeping an eye on his face.  Slowly taking the shirt off. This is where he looked away, that confidence he had completely evaporating.

You frowned and gently hugged him. Kissing his neck here and there. Leaving a hickey or two. His breathing got heavier, that's for sure. Though, he didn't let any sounds escape. Your hands trailed down his arms, causing him to shiver.

Keeping your hands on his arms, you drew patterns that seemed to make him a little restless. Was he a little sensitive on the arms? Your thoughts raced with the multiple and devilish things you could do to him. 

Gently nipping his neck, you heard his breath hitch. Smirking you giggled. Unable to keep that dominating facade. He let out a breathy laugh with you as the two of you connected your foreheads. Something that always told the other that no matter what, they were there.

###

Humming quietly, you kiss his forehead, wrapping your arms around his neck. Just hugging him sweetly. "You know you're so perfect, love." You say quietly, Zhongli shook his head slightly and biting the inside of his cheek.

"You cheeky, cheeky little girl." He said kissing your forehead while letting the two of you lay down. You on his chest,  one hand resting on your thigh, and the other on your waist.

"You're so perfect," The two of you say quietly before giggling. Wishing the night didn't have to end so early.

[aaaaaaaaaah cute 3:<]