Chapter 13

[This one is kinda, Ummm, long yeah

[This one is kinda, Ummm, long yeah. Play the song at the *** I'm sorry, enjoy ;-; spoilers for those who haven't finished the archon quests o-o]

You were worried. It was three months till the wedding and you haven't seen him for five days. 

Five. Days.

He said originally that he would be back by nightfall. Originally going out to run errands. So where was he?

"I'll be back by nightfall, I'm just doing a few errands, don't come looking for me. It's dangerous out there." Were the words he spoke before leaving.

Once more you stood outside, looking out at the night sky. The stars shown brightly in the overhanging sky, the fireflies danced like nothing was wrong.

But something was.

You paced back and forth, knowing it was dangerous to go out alone, but he's been gone for five days. Growling under your breath you grabbed your jacket and polearm. Locking the weapon in its sheath on your back you started down the mountain.

Where. That was the question. Where in all of Liyue could this man be.

Walking on the road was fine but you didn't see anything besides a few abanded carts that were scavenged by hilichurls. You furrowed your eyebrows. Your arms crossed and you couldn't help but tap your arm. Your satchel swung with each step you took. Carrying the small necessities you need if you got small scraps here and there.

You frowned as the moon was about midway, midnight. Wonderful.

You growled under your breath, rubbing your arms as a flash of blue shown itself out of your peripheral vision. You whipped your head around to look. Your eyes meeting the dark forest as you didn't see it again. You gripped your arm before speeding up your pace and started towards the entrance of the forest.

You ducked under vines, climbed over fallen trees, and climbed small boulders. Yet you couldn't see anything that could've made that color.

You narrowed your eyes before looking up, humming to yourself you walked over to a tree and started climbing. "where where where." you mumbled, standing on a branch. Your head peeking out of the brush.

A clearing was shown not too far ahead, ruin guards were flooding the area along with a few mages. Confused you watched, that same shade of blue appearing after three minutes. One ruin guard fell on top of another. Struggling to get up the figure finished it off,  soon blocking another attack by the nearby mage.

You narrowed your eyes before getting down and going to the clearing. It didn't seem far away, but it was really far. Your legs felt like jello as you reached the edge of the forest. 

Ducking behind a tree as a Mage came walking around a nearby boulder. The mage narrowed its eyes before taking a step and getting cut off by a polearm that flew through the air and hit it square in the face.