Chapter 21

[Ooooooh newcomer alert, Ran is now 11 btw

[Ooooooh newcomer alert, Ran is now 11 btw. Play the song at the ***]

Ran was sitting on the porch, alone. It was early morning and he did this daily without you or Zhongli knowing.

He often did this to look at his arms, because if you looked close enough it looked like his veins were gold. Though, the sun didn't help much Ran was still confused with it. The mark on his collarbone as well.

Ran stood up quietly, about to go inside until he felt a large hand rest on his shoulder. He jumped and looked up at his father. His eyes were round and big as he looked up at the man he was inspired to be.

Amber eyes meeting an almost identical pair.

Zhongli kneeled before him, gently taking his arm in his hand as Ran looked away. His secret was out now, no use in hiding it.

Zhongli quietly examined the boy's arm, letting the sun's delicate rays hit the boy's skin. "Want to go on a walk? This little secret will stay between us." Zhongli spoke before looking the boy in the eyes.

***

Rans face brightened and nodded eagerly as Zhongli smiled before standing up and holding his hand out for the little one. Ran eagerly grabbed it before walking beside his father.

The two of them went on their walk, Rans's eyes fluttered to his father's tall figure before looking around at his surroundings.  

Zhongli spoke, telling Ran that he'd like to tell him about who he actually was. With that story being a long one, they took a long walk. Taking a rest here and there. On a rock or against a tree.

Ran listened carefully as his father spoke hushed words to him about his past and why he had the mark of Geo on him and his veins. Ran's eyes had darted to his hands in this process, looking at them as if they were suddenly brand new.

Zhongli had kept an eye on Rans expressions. Worried that he might overwhelm the little one and make him panic. However, he stayed calm and looked at his hands which held a new meaning.

Zhongli soon spoke once more, "Try not to abuse your power." He spoke before looking ahead of them as they walked. It was about midday now. Knowing that you were worried the two of them were on their way home.

Only to get cut off by some weird giggling.

Zhongli halted, his soft, gentle expression turning stone-cold and tense. Ran looked at his father as Zhongli put Ran behind him. 

A little girl came running out of the brush about 20 feet away, a group of hilichurls following her close behind. Ran watched quietly as Zhongli moved from where he was and cut the enemies off.

Staying put he looked at the girl who had tripped and was watching the fight go down. In seconds the hilichurls were disposed of and Zhongli turned his head to look at Ran. A sigh escaping knowing that he hadn't moved.

Zhongli then looked over at the little girl. Based on the form of attire he guessed that she was from Inazuma. The girl looked to be around the age of six and was looking up at Zhongli with wide beige-colored eyes. Her hair flowed softly with the wind, being a deep brown, similar to Beidou's.

Ran had heard some things about Beidou and only saw her three times, but from what he knew was that she was a very powerful woman.

Ran watched as his father bent down on one knee, holding his hand out to the young girl. The young girl reached her hand out but jumped when Ran took a step forward. Her head snapping in his direction, her eyes on him.

They were wide, filled with fear, guilt, and remorse. The girl looked at him for another five seconds before looking back at Zhongli. Seeming to match the two together as father and son.

Her gentle hand grabbing onto Zhongli, who smiled at her softly before picking her up. 

She seemed to relax once she was picked up as if she knew that she was safe from any harm that would come to her. The little girl held onto him as her eyes shut and soon fell asleep. Zhongli waited for Ran, who was still thinking to himself.

Wondering why a little girl like her would be alone and chased by hilichurls.

He seemed to shake himself out of it and caught up to the two. Holding Zhongli's free hand he looked at the girl who was passed out in his arm. A small necklace was worn around her neck, just making out the writing on the piece of jewelry it read, "Eiko".

From what Zhongli had taught him he knew it was a Japanese name meaning "flourishing or prosperous." Sometimes it even meant "Long-lived child." 

So he wondered what a girl with a name like that was doing here, in Liyue.

[Ooooooh looks like you may have another addition to your family ;3]