Chapter 12

[EHEHE IT'S GETTING GOOOOD, THE BRAIN JUICES BE FLOWING, Recommended: Play the song repeatedly, if you don't want to, play it at the *** then repeat it, thank you >:3]

It's been  3 years now, the two of you have enjoyed each other's company and small talk to the point where Zhongli had made an important decision. Going to a jeweler, getting a simple silver band with a small flower engraving on the inside. It twirled gracefully onto the out.

The flower is a Qingxin. He knew the flower was important to you and he knew that it had a deep meaning to you. And he knew that you loved them. He knew you loved him.

He thanked the jeweler as he walked out and into the bustling street. The smell of grilled meat and the bright colors filled his sight as he dodged people coming left and right. 

It was a sunny day, few clouds covered the sky and the breeze was gentle. The breeze was always gentle, swift but gentle. It reminded him of a friend who was strong. Determined to change the world and distinguish the evil. He was swift, with an Anemo vision that was given to him by the Anemo god. Zhongli looked at the inn quietly.

The far distance between the two seemed sad.

Looking away he made way to your abode. The two of you shared it. Well, sort of. He hadn't really moved in. He stayed some nights and each night he worried if you'd see his marks. He didn't want you to know, simply because you would think of him differently. 

Being a god and all he didn't you thinking about that. After all, he wanted to live a normal human life after all the wars and bloodshed he has done.

He didn't realize he was out of the city until he heard a familiar sweet voice. Turning around he saw your smiling figure running after him to catch up. A smile made its way to his lips as he subtly put the box in his pocket.

You took hold of his hand and looked up at him quietly, just admiring his looks and small details you liked about him.

God you both were so in love.

He put a gentle hand to your cheek and rubbed it softly, causing you to put your hand on his and lean into it.

He smiled, of course, he always liked it when you did so. It gave him validation that you liked it.

"Come with me, I need to show you something." He said nodding afterward down the road.

Your eyes lit up, another adventure with the one you loved. They always turned out fun, whether it be sightseeing or helping small nearby villages.

He smiled, taking it as a yes and gently leading you out of town. It was about mid-afternoon when you left, making it up a nearby mountain at about 3:00 pm.

He helped you up and took your hand in his, looking at the view of the City. It was beautiful, it was closer than usual but the colors popped and the people were tiny. It was so simple and yet it had this breathtaking effect on you.

Zhongli thought quietly before reaching his hand into his pocket and just took a deep breath.

Gently letting go of your hand, you frowned. Why was he letting go? You two always held hands at moments like these. This caused you to turn around.

Seeing the man you loved, Zhongli, on one knee. A box in his hand revealed a beautiful silver ring. Your hand shot to your mouth, covering it up as your mind swirled with possibilities. One sticking out more than the rest.

Your eyes met his as you listened to him speak.

***

"Y/N L/N, ever since I met you I felt like you were the one for me. On that terrace in Liyue, you looked so at peace. So carefree and elegant," He spoke slowly, thinking of every word he said before speaking it.

"After all those hardships you've encountered, you've shown and proven to me that you are so strong, in a way I never thought someone could be. You've proven to me that you can be strong in the most difficult and heartbreaking times," 

You kept your eyes on him, your hand making its way to your other hand which rested on your heart.

"You've proven to me that even in the toughest situations, you're calm and smart with your decisions. You've proven to me that even with a busy life, you still make room for those you love and care for. You still provide for those that need it. You've shown me that beautiful heart of yours, and you've trusted me with taking the responsibility to care for you. To hold you, to kiss you, to love you,"

Your eyes teared up, you could see he was having trouble as well, his hands slightly shaking as he blinked rapidly to get rid of the tears.

You got on your knees in front of him and gave him a slight nod.

"I want to be with you, through thick and thin. On those dark days and those bright ones. I want to grow old with you. So... Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

You let the tears fall as you nodded, whispering a quiet "yes." A sigh of relief came from him as he hugged you gently, those shaky hands coming in contact with your back, his lips connecting with your forehead.

You laughed quietly as the two of you pulled away and he slipped the ring on your finger. You looked at it, before breaking into tears once more at the design. He smiled and hugged you once more. "I love you so much and I don't want anything bad to happen to you..." He said quietly his own tears spilling.

You nodded as the two of you sat there hugging one another, giving each other small kisses and affection while the sunset.

The birds sang until night fell and then the owls began their chorus. The fireflies danced and the wind blew a soft tune.

You felt at home.

You felt loved, so loved.

[I totally didn't cry making this, you did ;3;]