Chapter 23

[This is going to be so neat ;3 Play the song at the ***]

Ran and Eiko rested for what seemed like hours, however, they only rested for 10 minutes. The two were sitting in the quiet, not expecting to get separated from the adults they loved so much. Eiko was quiet as she was scanning the forest, paranoid if anything were to come out.

Her eyes were wild, her hands shaking as Ran took notice of this. He took a glance around before walking over to her and sitting beside her. Gently grabbing her hand as she is in a fight or flight mentality.

She jumped taking the flight way out, Ran just held on though. Giving her a reassuring smile as she looked at him frightened. Tears began to form as she hugged him tightly. Ran froze for a good few seconds before hugging her back.

Her eyes were half-lidded as she tried not to cry. Ran cautiously rubbed her back, new to this whole "giving affection" to someone.

He was kind of awkward but sooner or later got used to it. 

Eiko moved back and looked down at her lap. Ran studied her quietly, actually finding her sort of pretty. Her eyes looked at his before going to his collar bone as she saw a dark spot. Her eyes dilated slightly before looking back at him. 

"What's that..?" She asked quietly pointing the mark of Geo that laid upon his collar bone. He looked at her quietly before standing up. "Come on... We should start heading home. I know the way from here." He said quietly and started walking.

She furrowed her eyebrows before catching up to him and grabbing his hand. He glanced down at the intertwined hands before looking back in front of them.

The two of them climbed over the terrain, looking left, right, up, down, and any other direction they could think of. 

Ran managed to find a marking he and his father had made during training. "Oh, over here." He says before pulling her towards the direction of home. He knows for sure where he was now. 

But it was dark and hard to see. He didn't want to get split up with Eiko as he cared for her. After all, she was like a sister to him. She stared at their hands as she maneuvered around trees and shrubs.

She took glances at Ran, wondering why he didn't answer her question. She was just curious, but her mind ran and thought quietly while the two walked home. The owls sang as distant cries of wolves were heard. Eiko gripped Rans hand tighter causing him to stop as she looked up at him.

He looked at her, his amber eyes meeting her beige ones. The colors contrasting ever so slightly. Fireflies lit around them as the stars glowed overhead. The breeze blessed their lungs with a crisp sweep. Soon the area they were in was filled with glittering fireflies and shimmering butterflies.

Causing Ran to look away and at the beautiful scenery. Eiko soon followed and smiled as she giggled as a butterfly landed on her finger to which she held out. Ran looked at her before looking at them once more. Eikos dark brown hair flowed slightly as another breeze graced them.

Rans hair getting ruffled by the gentle wind. He too held out his hand, having a few fireflies and small butterflies land. Eiko looked at him in awe as they slowly landed on his shoulders and head.

A butterfly landing on his nose had caused him to sneeze. The little critters flew off and back to their original places around the forest, still making the area a bright, calm wonderland.

But a sound rang out, similar to the crack of a whip, as the lights faded and dashed back into the forest. Eiko now standing in front of him, a hand on her chest, as the forest faded to black.

[Huh, weird. Sorry, this chapter is short or seems shorter to me at least <3 Much love!]