Chapter 6

[Play the song at the *** Sorry in advance]

Zhongli had walked you all the way home, enjoying the quiet silence. The small noises of distant owls, wolves howling, and the chirping of crickets. It all fit perfectly. The stars were out and it was dark but when he was with you. It all seemed so bright, that spark in you never faded. The determination to get better and improve.

He looked up at the sky for a split second, the stars aligning like they did every other night. Always being in their assigned spot. He didn't even realize that he had stopped. 

You looked back at him confused, your eyes studying him as you too, look up at the sky. It was absolutely stunning, almost as if you were looking into the ocean of lanterns again. The moment truly blissful.

You looked back at him and he was looking at you as well. It was full of reassurance and safety. Like nothing could hurt you. The two of you just stared at one another quietly, taking in each other's presence before he looks away.

Zhongli looked away, the darkness of the night covering the blush he had spread across his cheeks.

You also turned away and waited for him to catch up.

Your walk up the mountain was tiring but you managed to get up. Sighing as you unlocked the door, opening it afterward. You looked over at where Zhongli was. Only he was gone. Your heart dropped slightly.

You turned around to enter the house, but your eyes widened slightly as you saw Zhongli already sitting on the couch. "I hope you don't mind, but may I stay the night possibly? My home is all the way back in the Eastern part of Liyue." He said, as you composed your facial expression and nodded.

"Sure, be my guest." You say, walking in and placing your bag down as you walked over to the kitchen.

You looked out the kitchen window like you do every night, the same moon shining brightly right back at you. Your grandmother loved looking at the moon, saying that your grandfather was up there looking down on the two of you. 

You knew they both were watching, wiping a tear away you turned around and bumped into a chest once more. You just looked down, the curtains flowed quietly behind you as the breeze went in and out of the house.

***

Zhongli quietly put his arms around you, giving you a hug that you didn't know you needed. Hugging him back, you heard him quietly hum a song.

He carefully leads you to your bedroom, he tried letting go but you hugged him tighter and so he sighed quietly. Sitting on your bed, with you in his lap. His eyes scanned over yours quietly, the amount of gentleness showing from him was calming. It was nice.

He closed his eyes, still sitting up. He wanted you to relax before laying down. Your eyes were open and when they looked up at him, your heart just stopped.

He looked so peaceful and down to earth. You found yourself leaning up slightly and giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. His eyes opened, of course, looking at you slightly confused before tilting his head slightly.

"Thank you." You said quietly, continuing to look up and into those brilliant amber eyes of his. He smiled softly and kissed your forehead in return before laying down. 

You were on top of him but he didn't mind, he found it quite comfortable anyways. You buried your face in his neck as he continued to hum, gently tracing marks on your arm and back. 

He never thought he would be this gentle with anyone.

"Drift off to sleep on your pillow of clouds." He said quietly, using a hand to run through your hair. His eyes never leaving your resting face. You looked so carefree and delicate. So sweet and harmless. 

"Goodnight Goodnight, my sweet little friend... Tomorrow's adventures, they will soon begin.." He spoke softly once more before closing his own eyes and turning his head to look out the window. The dark sky with little sparks of delicate light staring at him as his eyes got heavy, and soon closed.

[hehehhe]