Chapter 28

[Thank you for 7k reads! <3 Play the song the entire way through :) This one is going to be short as I got home late

[Thank you for 7k reads! <3 Play the song the entire way through :) This one is going to be short as I got home late.]

***

Zhongli was watching over you as you were reaching your peak. Age was grabbing you and dragging you down. Causing you to have less energy and become more tired. Ran visited often helping you around. He knew you were going to pass at some time, any time.

He'd miss you but he would cherish the memories he created with you forever. All the small times he had helped you with groceries and collecting Qingxin flowers for your bouquets.

He aged well, looking Like Zhongli's little brother, in fact, it hurt the two when you ended up mixing them up. They had looked at one another and shrugged it off, however that little sting stayed.

Right now you were sitting outside like usual. Letting the breeze refresh your senses as your frail eyes scanned the horizon. Zhongli came out like always, the scent of the fresh Qingxin flowers inside fluttered out once the door opened. You loved that scent and you loved him. 

You were hoping that when you passed Ran would find love, he hasn't due to the fact he'd be losing someone else he cared for once more. His heart couldn't manage another heartbreak but both Zhongli and you were urging him. However, he just denies you both.

Your thumb played with the armrest of your chair as Zhongli and you sat in silence.

"I want him to love someone." You said quietly, Zhongli looking over at you. "He'll need that extra love, that extra feeling." You finished, looking over at your husband. The two of you making eye contact.

He smiled softly and hummed before speaking. "You're not wrong my love, however, you and I both know that It'll trouble him greatly to go through another deep heartbreak."

"However," He continued, "It would be nice for him to have the experience, to feel what it's like." He said quietly as you just listened to him. Your frail body gently rocking itself in your chair as you took in the fresh air. Zhongli looked over at you before walking over and kissing your forehead.

Your cheeks flushed, never getting used to the little bits of affection he still gave you. You hoped silently that Ran will find a lover, Zhongli secretly wished so too, but his heart was set on being alone.

[ahhh it's short, I'm sorry! D: <3]