Chapter 9

[Play the song *** thank you!]

You walked throughout the house quietly, mainly tidying up the place and so on.  Zhongli hung up his jacket, wearing a long sleeve and keeping his gloves on. He took his shoes off near the door. Your eyes flickered to them quietly before looking away. The house was silent, you wanted to ask if he ate but he cut you off.

"I've already eaten, don't worry." He spoke quietly, gently.

You hummed in response as you walked to your room, he followed you silently, keeping his eyes locked onto you. You opened the door and stepped aside to let him in as well.

He walked in, he stood there awkwardly, not knowing whether or not to move on his own according or wait for your word.

You looked at him calmly before waving your hand slightly, waving your hand over to the bed. He watched your hand silently before making his way over to the bed. He sits on one side as you went around to the other side and sat down.

Zhongli continued to stay sitting down, while you laid down and focused on your window. Watching as the curtains flowed and gave you glimpses of the starry sky. You felt Zhongli lay down beside you and you waited patiently until you felt he was asleep.

***

You looked at the window once more, looking at the starry sky whenever you got the chance. An hour passed, leaving you still awake and causing you to turn so you were now facing Zhongli's back.

You hesitated before gently tracing a finger on his back, making small shapes while mumbling quietly to yourself.

"Something about you... Just clicks so well with me. I'm not sure if you feel the same, but I hope you do. Ever since I first saw you, on the terrace during the Lantern Rite I felt something inside me. When my grandmother passed you were there when no one else was. When we trained together, you helped me improve my confidence and skills. And when we kissed, that one time... It felt so right.." You whispered quietly.

Your hand stopped moving altogether. Letting out a deep sigh before softly speaking once more. "I... I want to be with you."

He stirred slightly, causing you to look at him, startled as he turned so he was facing you. His eyes open but they were filled with sleep and love.

The two of you just stared at one another, his lips began to move. "Do you mean that? You're not lying are you?" He asked searching your eyes for answers.

"I do, I meant every word." You say quietly. "I'd never lie to you." 

He looked at you for a little longer before capturing your lips with his, causing you to melt and become putty in his hands.

His hands slowly rested on your waist, as your hands rested on his chest. He still had the gloves on but at this point, you didn't care. You loved him and he loved you. 

He softly trailed his hand up your side and to your cheek. Gently rubbing it before smiling into the kiss. This caused you to giggle as you pulled away slightly. Your foreheads together as your breaths intermingled and his hand continued to stay on your cheek. Stroking it back and forth.

He pressed his lips to your forehead gently before bringing you into his chest. Your arms wrapped around him hugging him and burying your face in his chest. "Will you be mine?" He asked quietly, using one of his hands to run through your hair.

You nodded, "I would love to. Please don't leave me..." You spoke quietly as he chuckled and assured you that he would be going nowhere.

[hehehhe <3 Sorry this chapter came out sorta late, I had a really bad headache but it's getting better :3 Anyways I hope you enjoyed.]