Chapter 22

[Now these two play a crucial part in this chapter ;3 Play the song at the***]

Your eyes scanned the bustling streets of Liyue, Eiko in your arms as Ran was holding your free hand. You had just seen Aethers blonde braid and now can't seem to find him. Your shoulders slumped as you needed to find him and quick.

Your eyes caught sight of a certain blonde boy and you called out for him, your voice ringing in the air as he looked at you and smiled. He brought his hand up and waved as you let out a sigh. "Go to Aether," You told Ran who was already on his way there.

You soon followed as Eiko looked at the colors of flags and booths. She seemed to be entranced into them as you arrived. Ran was currently talking to Aether, seeing him as an older brother.

Aether's eyes traveled to you and then Eiko, still listening to Ran as he studied the girl. Ran smiled at him before looking at the girl in your arms. "Aether, this is Eiko. Eiko, this is Aether." You say introducing the two.

Aether could tell this wasn't biological and smiling and waving at the sweet girl before looking at you. "What'd you need Y/N?" He asked raising a brow at you and having that little glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Could you watch the kids while Zhongli and I go to Qingce Village? We should be back by 10 tonight." You said, giving him pleading eyes. He and Xiao were the only other ones to know about Rans mark, simply because Ran told them. He trusted them and you're glad it was them and not the other adepti.

"I can yes," He said ruffling Rans hair before looking at Eiko and holding out his hand. She seemed to trust him as she automatically reached for it. "Xiao will like you." He said quietly before looking back at you and smiling. 

You smiled at him before saying goodbye to the children and rushing over to where you were going to meet Zhongli.

Aether looked at Eiko who was leaned against his chest tiredly. Watching the people walk by. Ran was holding Aethers hand. Aether smiled at the two before hearing a rough voice behind which causes him to tense up and laugh slightly.

"What in the hell is going on here?

"Xiao~" He hums turning and seeing his lover. "You see I have ki-"

"I see you have kids dipshit. Why, is the question I want to be answered." He said his gold summer eyes, sending beams into Aethers. Eiko turned her head looking at Xiao quietly while Ran skipped on over to him. Xiao glanced at Ran before huffing and placing a hand on the boy's head.

Aether laughed nervously. "Because Y/N asked me to. She said Zhongli and her were going to Qingce Village to run some errands." He said watching as Xiao's face morphed into frustration. "Goddamn Morax..." He continued to mumble under his breath before noticing the girl in Aethers arms once more.

"Who's she?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. Eiko just stared at him quietly, before looking up at Aether.

"She doesn't talk much," Ran spoke up, "But her name's Eiko." He finished, grabbing Xiao's hand and holding onto it.

He growled under his breath quietly but approved of the girl before turning and walking away. "What are you two hungry for?" He asked not looking back as Aether caught up to him, smirking as Xiao had given into the children.

***

After the four found a place to eat, they went and baught small toys and to the harbor to watch the ships come and go. Eiko was now in Xiao's arms as Aether's were getting sore from carrying her.

Xiao's eyes flicked to Ran who was sitting on top of Aether's shoulders and playing with his braid. His golden eyes soon flickered down to the little girl in his arms, something about her was different from most kids. Just her aura was slightly calming.

Aether and he talked for a while before a certain boy spoke behind them. "Well, well, well. Traveler we meet again." Rans head snapped in the man's direction and smiled widely before running over to him. "Childe!"

Childe smiled at him and picked him up. Xiao simply growled and didn't look at him while Aether was tense and pursed his lips. 

Ran saw Childe as an uncle, however, he had his reasons to trust him. Let's just say Ran got into some trouble in Liyue and Childe was a bystander. Saw what was happening and pretended to be his uncle.

Sitting in Childe's arms, Ran had gotten permission to play with his Fatui mask. Childe was hiding his smirk from the other two in front of him. His sapphire eyes landing on Eiko. "And who might this little lady be?" He asked tilting his head slightly as Ran spoke once more.

"That's Eiko." He said putting the man's Fatui mask back where it belonged. "Ahh, I see, well, Let's go, shall we? I know of some good spots to visit." He said turning around as Aethers eyes widened and looked at Xiao, whose eyes were like ice. 

Cold eyes that didn't want to listen to the man, but did so anyway as he wanted to protect Ran from any trouble Childe could cause.

Childe didn't know of Rans mark, as Ran had kept it a secret from him. As he had orders from his father not to tell him.

Childe smirked and put Ran down before whispering something in the boy's ear, before running off with him. The two males and Eiko watched them go before Aether cursed under his breath. "If we don't catch up to them this is going to turn into a big game of hide and seek. And knowing Childe, he will pick the most complicated places to go to." He said as Xiao was following close behind.

Eiko had moved onto his back so it was easier for him to run. Xiao noticed that she had done so while he was already running. So it piqued his interest in how she did it so casually and subtly.

Once the four hunters found their prey, the five of them went on with their day peacefully. No trouble was caused and smiles made way to each of their faces. Even Xiao's, but only because he saw Eiko laugh at something Childe did. Which happened to be him tripping and falling.

As the sun began to set Childe gave Ran back to Aether as he said his goodbyes. Giving Ran a hug and gently running his hand through Eikos hair. She smiled up at him and waved him goodbye as the two kids laughed when they saw him, purposefully, trip.

Aether glanced at the sky as the sun had created a tangerine color and soon to be a ruby red. Xiao knew the day was coming to an end so he insisted on bringing the kids back home. Which they did. 

Taking their time as they knew you and Zhongli wouldn't be home for another thirty minutes.

Walking on the road Ran has grown to know, the four of them talked about their day. Ran holding Eikos hand as the two of them were in between the two men.

Xiao had kept his eyes on the nearby shrubs for a while as Aether was keeping an eye on the children. Xiao suddenly teleported into the brush, as a few clashes of metal were heard. Aether grabbed the children and put them behind him. Xiao came back out, a fresh wound on his cheek. "Treasure Hoarders. Ran," 

The boy's head looked at Xiao, his eyes saying it all as to leave and get out of here. Ran frowned but nodded grabbing Eikos's hand and leading her away from the two men. Fighting the hoarders as more became to appear.

Eiko matched paces with Ran as the two children made their way through the forest and onto a path. Ran knew it leaded home so they stopped to catch a rest. Calming his heart down he did what his father taught him and summoned a small, weak shield around them both

Of course it'll get stronger but he had learned this about a week ago and was only able to summon a shield two days ago.

The two sat on a log together as the wind was quiet and the sound of a distant owl was heard.

[Thank you for 4k reads!!! <3 Much love and I hope you all had/have a great day!]