Chapter 8

[Sorry for all the time skips, I prefer doing this instead of making this book like 80 chapters <3 Play the song at ***]

***

It's been a week since you two kissed, the feeling was so freeing and it made you want more. You loved it. You loved him.

You got all flustered thinking about it while walking up to your house. You had just finished some chores in Liyue Harbor. The birds didn't sing as it was very windy, and it kept getting worse as you continued up the mountain.

You make it to the top, but when you get there, you see the man that you loved.

Of course, he didn't know, as you weren't sure with how he took it. The kiss that is. You didn't know his feelings on it and you weren't one to pry.

You stayed quiet but, you could tell he knew you were there.

"Were you waiting for me... All this time?" You asked, walking towards your house. He turned around and spoke.

"I did, yes. The town today was too loud for my liking. as the view up here is breathtaking." he said, nodding to the sunset, before looking back at you.

You hummed before breaking eye contact with him and unlocking your door. Once unlocked you walked in and turned around to look at him. His back as to you, looking at the sunset.

Thinking quietly you left the door open and went to grab him a drink. You walked outside soon later and walked beside him. 

There were railings along the top of the mountain, so you offered him the drink, which he took, and leaned on the fence. The sky was turning from shimmering blue to a mystical purple. Which turned to a bright pink and a sultry red. Soon fading into a midnight blue.

It was peaceful, the owls did their usual calls and the village nearby was quieting down. The children's laughter was hushed, as the dogs were finishing their jobs of herding animals.

You took the chance to glance at Zhongli. Getting that small look at him he seemed at peace. But you could tell by his stance that something was wrong.

You stopped leaning on the railing and stood straight up. "Will you be staying?" You asked him, your voice soft as you didn't know how he'd react.

He looked at you, his eyes filled with emotions it almost looked like a storm.

He thought quietly, his mind racing until he came to one conclusion.

"I shall stay if that's all right with you." He said, his eyes completely losing those emotions that he once held. 

You nodded and placed a soft smile on your face, taking the empty glass from his hand and leading him to the house. Small fireflies danced around the yard, the stars starting to peek out from that midnight-covered sky.

You walked in, him following and closing the door behind the two of you. Both, unprepared for the night ahead of them.