Chapter 25

[Thank you for 5k Reads! <3 Play the song at the ***]

Ran sat on the couch, face in hands as the little one just sat there. He was dry of tears, as he had already spilled all of them. Zhongli exited the bedroom, where you were, and looked at his little boy quietly before sitting beside him.

Ran looked up and straight ahead of him, not paying any mind to his father. He wasn't mad at him, he just didn't have the energy after all the crying and thinking. Zhongli looked at him quietly before sighing and picking him up. Ran wraps his arms around his father, resting his chin on his shoulder. Watching as he left the house.

He didn't question his Dad, why would he?

 He had closed his eyes, almost falling asleep until he reopened them to see the sunset. "You're visiting too..?" A voice said, Ran recognizing it almost immediately. 

The blonde-haired boy had a look of grief on his face. "Xiao's not taking it well." He said quietly as Ran turned and looked at him. "How come?" Ran asked his light amber eyes studying the boy in front of him.

Zhongli was quiet as the two conversed.

"He blames himself for part of her death." He says his eyes full of sorrow. "But he saved us... It's-" Getting cut off by his father, he quieted himself.

"It wasn't your fault, what did I tell you about that." He said looking Ran in the eyes and he was telling the truth. "The only fault at hand is the treasure hoarder who did it, and you got your revenge." He said, nodding to him slightly.

Ran looked down and glanced at Aether who was smiling at him softly. Ran returned it and was soon set down, his eyes traveling behind Aether and towards the headstone. Qingxin flowers were laid in front.

Aether glanced at the sunset before nodding to Zhongli and taking his leave. Ran took a look at his father and watched as Aether left. However, while he was watching Aether leave he saw a small figure outlined in white appear behind Zhongli. 

Ran kept his eyes on the figure while Zhongli glanced behind him. Seeing nothing, he turned back around to Ran who had his eyes fixed on the figure.

***

The figure looked over at Ran, its eyes blinking slowly as Ran held back a gasp. He didn't want to frighten his father who clearly couldn't find it. Ran stood up quietly and looked at his father who sat down nudging him along. Knowing it was another one of the gifts that he had lost and Ran had gained.

Ran gulped before taking a few steps forward. "Ghost? I see you standing there..." He said quietly holding his hand out quietly and gently. Showing that he meant no harm.

This wasn't the ghost of Eiko, hers was resting peacefully up in the clouds, that glowed a beautiful shade of purples and deep golds.

Ran didn't know if it was even a ghost, it could've been a vision or a more gentle spirit.

The figure flinched in a way before looking away, "Umm... What's your name?" Ran spoke softly as Zhongli studied the sunset.

It looked back at him with wide eyes, "Why so surprised? I'm just interested." He said smiling as it got closer. The closer it got the more Ran saw that it wasn't human at all. It was more of an animal hybrid than anything.

It walked on two legs, but could also walk on all fours.

It was a unique creature, something that he found comfort in. It slowly reached out its hand and grabbed Rans hesitantly. "I won't let you slip away." He said determined to not lose the new friend he made.

It spoke in a hushed tone with a thick accent of an unknown language to him, "Fi... Finley" It said It's dull eyes looking at him. Ran nodded and looked at his father who simply looked at the sunset. Not knowing that Zhongli was watching his own little image fade.

Since Zhongli was a kid, the white butterfly he knew faded as it landed on his nose for the final time.

[Yep anyways ;-;THANKS FOR 5K READS LUVS!! <3]