Chapter 3

[TW: Death, Listen to the song when you see ***]

You and Zhongli walked down the colorful streets. His attention on the people and booths nearby as you took side glances at him. You get caught off guard when someone Intercepts your path, while Zhongli seemed to have noticed and stopped a few feet short of the person. 

It was a man, who was formerly behind a booth. He had brown hair, lighter than Zhongli's, and green eyes. He looked to be around his late 30's early 40's. Zhongli waited for the man to speak patiently. You didn't realize that you had moved slightly behind Zhongli in the first place.

You've seen him before, you took note that he's been watching you lately. Going from booth to booth. Which is why you took the alleyway... Again.

"Hello, Ma'am," He said looking at you, his eyes almost cat-like. Full of mischief. "And sir." He said nodding to Zhongli, who nodded back. 

"Good morning." He spoke back to the man. Keeping it short and sweet.

The man smiled before asking a question. "Would you care to come over to my booth? I have plenty of wonderful trinkets there." 

Your eyes glanced over there, seeing nothing of interest, you gently squeezed his hand as he got the signal. 

His amber eyes looked the man over before politely declining. Leaving the man distraught and upset.

Zhongli carefully pulled you up so you were walking side by side, and before you could open your mouth, he spoke.

"Don't worry about him, he's being taken care of as we speak."

Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked behind you. The mililith had confronted him and were restraining him. Once again, he beat you.

"He was found guilty a while back for crimes I shall not speak of. You won't see him again." He said keeping his gaze forward. Until you came to an intersection. His amber eyes were calm, but had a flame inside that was going wild.

You met those eyes as he looked at you for directions, and as soon as you did, the flame vanished. Completely.

You felt somewhat happy that you were able to calm him down. He was able to hide his emotions well, but since you grew up in a household with tons of emotions you were able to read them quite easily.

You gently pulled his hand to the left, leading him out of the village. You lived out in the country. Why? Well, the sunsets were the best, as you lived on one of the tall mountains. The birds were always sweet and their music was always calming to you and your grandmother.

***

You and Zhongli were walking up the mountain, you leading the way as he covered the back. You oftentimes stopped by the railing and looked over the lake. Your eyes drifting off into the small villages here and there, seeing the people have fun. It was warming.

The sun was still high, a little late in the afternoon which was nothing, you always got home late.

You finally finished the climb and opened your door, unlocking it first then entering. You looked behind you as Zhongli was admiring the sky. It was a clear sky, something you never really got up there but it was pretty.

"You care to come in?" You asked him politely as he then looked towards you. His amber eyes, making your heart flip, as they met yours. He nodded, smiled, and entered.

You put your groceries on the counter as he looked around the small abode. His eyes traveling to a picture of your grandmother and you. 

"Is it just you and your grandmother?" He asked walking up to the picture, looking at it. You were about 5 there, the picture was 21 years old.

"Yes, my family went out on a business trip... Only they never returned." You say, your voice void of emotion as you took out the tea leaves you had bought earlier.

He hummed and heard coughing from one of the rooms. "Oh! Could you watch the tea for me?" You ask as you finished washing your hands and looked at him. 

He gave you a firm nod, seeing you walk down the hall and to the left.

You hurried into the room, and your grandmother's face was pale. Paler than usual. 

You worried day and night for when she'd leave. Grabbing a chair beside her and sitting next to her, her eyes opening to show a beautiful gold.

You admired them.

A lot.

She gently took hold of your hand as she started speaking. "Y/N... I'm afraid my time has come," You frowned, but didn't look away. Holding your tears back as the woman who raised you was finally taking her trip to a better place.

"I want you to know that I love you. I... I want you to know that you need to cherish what life has given to you. Don't be foolish and decide to end it. It's not worth it." She says quietly.

You hear the tea kettle whistle, Zhongli took it off the stove set it on the counter. Your grandmother took notice of that and looked at you with playfully narrowed eyes.

"Stay with whoever else is here. Treasure them." She says smiling at you softly before lifting her hand and using her knuckle to wipe the tears.

"I love you, and I want you to live your life to the fullest. Do you understand?" She said seriously. You looked at her and hesitated, your voice would come out shaky but you wanted to prove to her that you would.

"I Will."

The clock ticked.

The house grew quiet.

And the hand you were holding was losing its warmth.

Zhongli had come to check on you, seeing you holding your grandmother's hand, crying. He knew she had passed. He walked over to you, grabbing another chair and sitting beside you. You let go of her hand, as you turned and hugged Zhongli. Catching him totally off guard.

He paused before wrapping his arms around you, his hand running through your hair. Just like how she would. The clock ticked, the house creaked, and the sound of cries were heard that night.

[Sorry this one was sad. This chapter is kind of personal to me so I wished to get it out there. If you have any questions feel free to ask :3]