Chapter 27

[Play the song at the *** The book is coming to a close soon! ALSO Thank you for 6k reads!! <3]

Ran walked out of the house, fuming as he just had an argument with Zhongli. "Ran! Get back here, there's supposed to be a bad storm coming!" You yelled making it to the doorway, time flew by. You were reaching your limit as you were now in your early 60s.

Ran ignored you, knowing that it hurts you, but it also hurt him. He loved you, but he didn't want to see you go or lose you.

Zhongli spoke causing you to look back at him. Ran not knowing what he said when you frowned at him and closed the door. The wind whipped around the young adult. He was in his late 20s, his aging stopped when he reached 21. Finley watched him leave as he was soon nowhere in sight.

Meanwhile, while Ran was out clearing his mind you and Zhongli were having your own little fight.

***

"You didn't have to be so harsh on him." You said waving towards the door as Zhongli stood there with his arms crossed. "He had no right talking to you like that. Good lord, he knows that you aren't immortal and yet wants me to change that." He said his eyes holding pain.

You frowned and swallowed the lump in your throat. "Zhongli, I know I still have a while left but please, please look after him when I do go. He'll need you and your support the most." You said quietly as Zhongli met your grief-filled eyes.

He was silent, but you knew he'd hold up to that. He always did what was best for the two of you. Sighing he grabbed his coat off the hanger and went to the door.

Your eyes widened slightly before following him, "Please stay safe." You said as he turned to you, giving you one of his reassuring smiles, and a warm kiss to soon follow.

He opened the door to be met by a gush of wind, the fresh scent of rain was soon to come.

Ran fought hilichurls as it was a way to do good while letting out all those pent-up feelings. Ending the last one he put his polearm in the ground and stood there as the rain poured over him. His breaths were heavy and fast, sweat dripped down his cheek as he stood there. His earing muffled by the sound of rain and his own breathing.

The sound of footsteps never reached his ears.

A hand placed itself on his shoulder causing him to react and swing his polearm at the possible enemy. Zhongli's eyes widened backing up as the blade got a bit of his cheek. Ran stopped once he saw who it was. His hand loosened its grip on the weapon, causing it to hit the ground.

Zhongli was calm but had the slightest bit of shock in him. Zhongli slowly made his way over to Ran, bringing him into a hug, knowing fully well what he was going through.

"I don't want to lose her either, but there is nothing I can do anymore." He said quietly as Ran cried silently in his father's arms. Rans grip got tighter the more he thought about it. 

About how one day he'd stop hearing your voice, seeing your face, and giving you hugs. About how you greeted him every time he came over or how you would ruffle his hair even if he was a foot taller than you. How you were his friend and mother.

You were such an important person for him and he was going to lose that.

[The song took forever for me to find omg XD <3 Thank you for 6k reads!!]