Chapter 29

[So close to being done!!! I had a blast writing this and I hope you all enjoyed it! <3 Play the song from the beginning

[So close to being done!!! I had a blast writing this and I hope you all enjoyed it! <3 Play the song from the beginning.]

TW: Death.

***

Zhongli felt your pulse stop as you both sat on the porch. His breath hitched as he looked you over. Your eyes closed, in a peaceful slumber that would last forever. If he had to admit it to himself, it hurt. Quite a bit actually. 

He knew you would pass soon but when you actually did, it hurt more than he thought. Holding your hand tighter, he let a few tears escape. One of the few times he has actually cried. A tear or two dropped onto your still, fragile hand as he rubbed his thumb across it. Something you were fond of.

He couldn't bring himself to separate his hands, so standing up he gently picked you up and brought you inside. Simply getting you ready for burial. Ran would arrive home shortly so he laid you on your bed with a sheet over your body.

He'd have to pick up a casket and tell Ran what had happened. Yet, he didn't want to leave you there unattended as it would feel disrespectful to him.

Waiting for Ran to get back he sat in your room, in the same chair you had sat in when your grandmother had died. You were in the same bed and the same room.

He looked over at the table-side drawer and looked at the picture of you when you were young and your grandmother. Beside that was you, Ran and him. He swallowed the lump in his throat as you looked young and had that spark in your eye.

He hated having to see that spark slowly diminish, to nothing but ash.

Footsteps were heard a few hours later as Ran entered the house. He knew something was off right away when the house felt cold and bare. Rushing to your room he saw Zhongli sitting in the chair, quietly watching over you.

Ran stared silently at your body before looking at his father and breaking down. "Why... Why when I was gone..." He said quietly as he slowly went down to his knees. Zhongli got up and went over to him, bringing him into a hug as the two of them sat there in each other's embrace mourning over you.

The next day Ran and Zhongli prepared your burial, it would just be the two of them as you had spoken about this beforehand.

They carefully placed you into your resting sight, as the two slowly backed away. Zhongli looking at Ran who was going to finish it. He shook his head looking towards his father whose head was held low and his eyes shut. 

Ran gulped before using his Geo "vision" to place dirt upon you, burying you to lay in peace. 

Zhongli opened his eyes as he held out a Qingxin flower to Ran, who grabbed it as the two went to the cliff that you loved. The cliff where Zhongli took you on your first date, the cliff where he proposed to you, and now the cliff where you rested peacefully. The two made a blessing with one Qingxin flower, planting the other one. 

They planted it next to the one you and Zhongli planted on one of your dates. It still bloomed and still held its beauty of everlasting grace.

Ran clenched his jaw as to not cry out in grief. Zhongli however, grabbed him and brought him into a hug once more. Right now, they both needed each other. Soon separating as Ran went back home to rest.

And that was your last wish, was that the two of them to support and love one another. No matter the scenario.

Zhongli watched him silently yet knew that he had to give him some space. Looking back out at the sunset he sighed.

Zhongli took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he took in the gentle breeze and scent of the Qingxin flower.

[Last chapter will be posted on the 27th! Stay tuned~!]