Chapter 20

[Another 2 yr time skip, sorry loves ;-; THANK YOU FOR 3K!!<3 Play the song at the ***]

You were confused when you came home to an empty home. Usually Ran would be the first one at the door giving you a hug as the 3-year-old usually did. He learned to walk and run faster than you and Zhongli thought, so you kept a closer eye on him.

But the house was still and silent. Slowly hanging your bag up you closed the door behind you. Take a few cautious steps into the warm abode you looked around. The oven was off, along with the couch being the same as you left it this morning.

'Did Zhongli take the kid out..?'  You thought, confused about the whole situation. This was your house, the pictures of you, Zhongli, and Ran hung on the walls, so why was no one home?

You looked down the hallway before entering the kitchen. Looking out the window at the small backyard, you saw a small lantern tied to a tree.

Your eyebrows furrowed as you went out the backdoor and walked over to the lantern. Untying the beautifully decorated light from the tree you looked at it quietly. Studying the patterns on it.

A piece of paper fell to the ground, your eyes tracking it as it fell. You bent down and grabbed it before carefully opening it. Reading what it said quietly to yourself.

"Meet us at the Qingxin flower that overlooks the city and our beautiful home."

You thought quietly before your eyes widened.

 All the way over there? On the mountain..? 

Your eyes trailed from the note to the mountain where you and Zhongli had planted the Qingxin flower. Sighing you stood up and went back inside to collect your bag.

This was going to be one long day.

Sure enough, the hike was enough to make you gasp for breath once you reached the top, falling onto your back as a small cry was heard. "Mommy!" Ran giggled before running over and plopping onto your stomach.

Your eyes flashed open as you tilted your head back and saw Zhongli holding a bouquet of Qingxin flowers. Your eyes softened and tilted your head slightly at him, he just smiled and shook his head.

"Dad said it was an important day today and we surprised you!" Ran said, resting his head on your chest while giggling.

"Important day..." You mumbled quietly as you looked at Ran then back at Zhongli.

Your eyes widened before the thought passed through your thick skull. "OH!" You said loudly as Zhongli started laughing and Ran followed suit close after his father.

Sitting up and picking up Ran you went over to your husband and kissed his cheek. "Happy Aniversary love..." You say quietly, full of guilt that you didn't catch on sooner.

***

He just laughed and kissed your forehead. "Sweetheart, It's okay." He said in between laughs before calming down and looking at your flustered yet guilt-filled face.

He chuckled before Ran put his hands on the back of Zhongli's and your head and pushing them together. The two of you lightly bonked foreheads but Zhongli knew what he was getting at. "Sneaky little fella," He whispered quietly before capturing your lips. Ran giggled and laid his head on your shoulder, smiling at the fact that the two of you were happy.

You savored the moment of bliss before breaking away and looking over at the mischievous child of yours. He looked away, acting all innocent before meeting eye contact with Zhongli and breaking down into a fit of giggles.

Zhongli smiled before taking Ran out of your arms and sitting down on the soft grass, you lay your head on his shoulder once you got comfortable. 

The sky was turning a rose gold, stars starting to litter the sky with their shimmering bodies of light. It seemed to hit the three of you so perfectly that you all had the same feeling of content. You all were happy, content, and loved.

The rays of light hit the bouquet and the single planted Qingxin flower so beautiful it looked like the flower itself was glowing. Reflecting the gentle light into the sky around you, as the birds sang their usual sweet song.

Ran sat on his lap and played with his hair, putting his hair into very messy braids as he was still learning. You looked at Zhongli who was looking at Ran quietly.

His eyes looking over at you, giving you that silent message "You know he's something else..?" Your eyes trailed to your son as you watched him braid.

He was already speaking full sentences and running perfectly fine. He already knew how to write decently well and read. He was only three yet, something about him caused him to grow up faster than usual.

Then again your son had the mark of Geo on him, maybe that was the cause of it, and it seemed to be taking a toll on not just your son... But your lover too.

[This was supposed to be wholesome but with the upcoming chapters... I'ma prepare y'all ;-; LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR 3K ONCE MORE<3]