Chapter 11

[Kinda sad I'm sorry ;-; play the song at the ***]

***

It was getting late. The sky had darkened to a deep, royal blue. The stars looked like a small glow of lanterns. Man, you will never forget the night you met him.

It was peaceful. The breeze brushed against your shoulder. Flowing through your hair and causing all your senses to just relax. 

You and Zhongli had watched the sunset, quietly, perfectly.

You leaned against him as you grew sleepy to the breeze that swirled around you and the everlasting relaxation that you thought you'd never have. Zhongli's hand was on your hip, making small circles with his thumb. Causing you to fall even more to the inevitable sleep that your body desired.

Your mind giving up, and letting the sweet, calming darkness take over. Small dreams had appeared and played on repeat. Whether they be silly or wholesome. They were there.

Zhongli smiled while looking you over. So delicate and gentle.

Placing a gentle kiss on your head he carefully picked you up bridal style and turned to walk away. Pausing to look back at the sight, his eyes softened as he saw the small Qingxin flower stood, planted in its new home.

Smiling once more he turned away and made way to your home.

Now it was a long trip. He had to admit that. But seeing you bury your face in his chest and him knowing you were safe was all that mattered to him. He loved you. He truly did.

Looking back up at the road that he was on, he watched the trees sway and the fireflies dance. He stopped once an owl called, a firefly landing on your cheek as he watched the insect quietly. It made you glow, putting a beautiful gold color on your face.

He shook his head slightly before continuing down the road that was gently lit up by fireflies.

-----

Making back home safely was easy, he was tired. Very. Tired.

He managed to open the door, switching you onto one side so he is holding you with one arm. Like how you would hold a baby.

Closing the door behind him and sleeping off his shoes he walked to your bedroom and gently laid you on the bed. taking your shoes off and covering you up with the blankets. He stared at the other side of the bed for a moment before going to the bathroom. Shutting the door behind him and locking it he looked at himself in the mirror.

Taking his gloves off, revealing the unique pattern on his arms, the coloration being unique as well.

He took off his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt. He stared at the marks before turning the facet on. Taking a few scoops of water and splashing his face he looked back up at himself. Thoughts raced his mind. "What if you found out" "Would you get hurt" "What will you do"

He stared at his hands once more, his eyes trailing up them and to his shoulders. His mind flashing.

"Sorry, I just thought that I may have hurt you during training yesterday."

"It's just a simple bruise, nothing too big."

He cringed at it, he almost ruined everything. He almost ruined you.

[haa yes yes indeed sorta sad ;-; and you will see this song again later on ;3]