Chapter 21: "... that she still loved me."

Y/N POV:

I wasn't sure what possessed me to ask to accompany Taehyung to Japan, but I just know I wanted to go with him.  With the fiasco with Joy, I worried that another female secretary would be just as inappropriate, just as unprofessional and I would end up losing him to someone else.

Sitting down at my desk, I made the first of my calls: the temp agency to get Jimin a replacement secretary for the next three weeks.  The lady on the other end of the line was extremely polite when I made my request for either a male secretary or an older woman, explaining the situation to her.  She promised to send someone over first thing in the morning and I could only hope it was someone who would work out for Jimin. 

Changing the flight information was an easy fix since Jennie had already reserved two seats.  I just needed to change the name from Joy's since she had already made the changes earlier this morning.  Seeing how many times she screwed up in a few short hours, I was surprised she had gotten that much done.

My final call was to the Hyatt Regency in Osaka.  This one was proving to be a little more difficult.  Apparently the reservation was changed from two double rooms to a two-room suite this morning.  The woman apologized but there was no way to change the reservation a third time without being charged a fee: the exorbitant amount she mentioned had me rolling my eyes.  I worried about what Taehyung would say, not certain how he would feel about sharing the suite with me.  I thanked her for her assistance, assuring her the suite would be fine. 

Hanging up the phone, I rubbed my temples, trying to soothe away the headache that was currently forming.  "Rough day?" a voice said from the doorway.

I looked up to see the mint green haired man from the photos with Hoseok.  Although the hair was a different color, now blond, the smile on his face was the same.  "Yoongi right?"

The man gave me another smile.  "Yep.  That would be me.  I... I know I see you at the department head meetings but I wanted to come and talk to you."

I was surprised at his words but delighted he came to see me.  From the text messages between us, I could see that I wasn't as close to this one as the others, but there were still several photos in my phone of the two of us, happy smiles on our faces and his arm around my shoulders.  "You're with Hobi correct?"  I was making sure I had relationships right as well as names.

Yoongi's eyes softened at the mention of his boyfriend.  "Strange, I know.  His sunny personality with me, but I love him and he's everything to me." 

His sweet words about Hoseok made me melt a little since I could definitely see the difference when he talked about someone he cared about so deeply.  "Hobi seems great.  I spoke to him a little bit earlier and I can see why anyone would love him.  I may not really remember him but I adore him already."

"That's good to know."  Yoongi hesitated as though he wanted to say something but was second guessing himself.  He took a deep breath and finally spoke.  "Look.  I know this is hard for you.  I can't imagine what you're going through.  And I know that having us all come in here and bombard you with memories and stories of our lives with you might not be easy, but we don't know how else to do it."

Yoongi's boldness surprised me but I gestured for him to continue, wondering what else this handsome man had on his mind.

"You were and still are such a big part of our lives and we don't want to lose you.  Maybe by sharing things with you, we're all hoping that you'll remember us again.  I know... I know I miss my friend.  The one who used to text me at 6:45 every morning to make sure I was awake.  The one who reminded me to eat when I would lock myself in the studio.  Even the one who would make fun of me when I dyed my hair."  Yoongi sighed and ran a hand through his blond hair.  "I just miss you."