Chapter 26: "... but it gave me hope for the future."

Y/N POV:

As close as Oliver and I had been, I wanted to punch him right in his face for his lack of tact. The hurt in Jimin's eyes was so clearly obvious and it hurt my heart. Jimin had been trying so hard to get me to remember him and the way Oliver just essentially rubbed it in his face pissed me off.

It was one of the reasons I purposely sat in the chair on the end and not in the middle. I knew Taehyung would sit next to me and it would give me that little bit of separation I needed from Oliver.

Jimin sat behind his desk and picked up a pen, twirling it between his fingers. It was a gesture I had come to notice over the last couple of weeks that he did when he was frustrated or annoyed. "So is everything ready for Sunday's departure?"

I nodded my head. "Yes. I switched the names on the flight and the hotel reservation. However, when I spoke to the Hyatt Regency in Osaka, they informed me that the two double rooms had been switched to a two-room suite. Instead of paying the exorbitant fee to switch it back, I just left it as is."

Jimin gave me a smug smile and I wanted to pinch him. "Oh? Staying in a suite? Will you be okay with that?"

I turned to Taehyung and noticed the smile he was trying to hide. "Yes. Tae and I talked about it last night. It will be just fine."

Saying nothing, Jimin just nodded his head. The next thirty minutes were spent going over the agendas for the next two weeks. Although we would be busy with meetings, there was plenty of downtime and it made me way more excited than it should have. I hoped it would be the opportunity we needed to get to know each other again.

As the meeting ended, I looked down at my watch and realized it was close to noon. "Jiminie? Tae? You want some lunch? I'm going to go grab food."

Jimin reached into his pocket for his wallet, but I waved him off. "You sure Y/N? I can buy you lunch today."

"Nah. I got it my Jiminie. It will be a few weeks before I can treat you, so let me treat you today." I laughed when the small pout appeared on his lips at the reminder of not seeing me for three weeks.

I stood up and turned to Oliver, my earlier annoyance faded. "Want to walk with me?"

Oliver jumped to his feet. "Of course. You can show me the best food to get since you know all my favorites."

I tried not to focus too much on his words since I didn't know if it was deliberate or not. I hoped not since that was not the Oliver that I remembered. I turned to Taehyung. "What about you Tae? You want some lunch? Or do you still not eat lunch?"

Taehyung grinned at me and I realized what I said. "Thanks but I'm okay."

Nodding my head, I reached over and squeezed his hand before heading out of the office, Oliver following closely behind me. "You really were engaged, huh?" Oliver's question sounded almost disappointed as we stepped into the elevator.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. We were. It makes this so much harder that I can't remember him. I have the photos and snippets of memories, but I really want to remember him fully, remember them all."

Oliver nodded thoughtfully. "So there really is no chance left for you and Cam, is there?"

"No. I can forgive a lot of things, but cheating isn't one of them." I knew that if I were to get back with Cam, I would always be nervous that he would be unfaithful again and it wasn't something I was willing to deal with.

Running a hand through his hair, Oliver sighed. "I wish things could have been different. Cam really loves you. He misses you more than you know and completely regrets what he did. Him and Mila never actually dated. After you broke up, Cam didn't see anyone. I don't know what he's going to say when he realizes that I've seen you."