Chapter 28: "I could only hope his intuition was right on this."

Taehyung POV:

As I sat at the island in the kitchen, I looked down at my phone, wanting to squeal at the short conversation between us

As I sat at the island in the kitchen, I looked down at my phone, wanting to squeal at the short conversation between us.  I had never expected her to ask to visit the house we had shared and it made me way happier than I wanted to admit.  It scared me too since this is where so many of our memories took place, so many things we had shared.  This was the house where we were going to raise our children, the beautiful babies we had dreamed of.  The idea of that being only a dream made my heart hurt, threatening to consume me with pain.  I didn't want to rush her into anything, but I wished there was a way I could help her remember, remember who she is to me, who I am to her.

My mind went back to last night and our time with Jimin and Jungkook.  She had laughed with them, a grin on her face as they shared memories with her and I could see the sparkle in her eyes when they mentioned something familiar, something she seemed to know.  It had happened when Jimin talked about the Rainbow 5K and again when Jungkook mentioned a park nearby that we had all visited in the spring last year.  We had gone for a picnic and were rained out.  We ended up at Jimin and Jungkook's house, eating our picnic on their living room floor, the lightning and thunder crashing in the background.

A giggle from behind me had me turning to see Jimin and Jungkook coming in, the taller man behind Jimin, pinching his sides and making him laugh.  Seeing them together made me smile in happiness, the love for each other so clear on their faces, it was almost palpable.  They had a rough start to their relationship, including a lack of acceptance from Jungkook's parents when they realized he was gay.  However, when they came into town, they met Y/N and she was basically their saving grace, telling Jungkook's parents how happy they were together and that love is simply love.  After a few shed tears, Jungkook's dad apologized for his close-mindedness and his mom hugged him.  They spent the rest of the evening getting to know Jimin and ended up agreeing with Y/N that the two were destined for each other.