Chapter 34: "...and make sure that I deserved her."

Y/N POV:

After Hiroki turned his attention back to Taehyung, I let my mind wander. The older gentleman was extremely kind and when he told me the story about the wife he lost to cancer, it made me think of my relationship with Taehyung. It made me realize that no matter what, I wasn't ready to give up yet. And from what I had noticed with Taehyung, he didn't either. It gave me hope for the future that things with us were going to be okay. He was all I wanted and I wanted him in my life.

As the conversation turned to the collaboration, I pulled out my tablet, ready to take notes. Jimin had trusted Taehyung to make decisions about the collaboration and I wanted to make sure we had all the information we needed.

"So what type of collaboration is Mr. Park thinking of?" Hiroki's question to Taehyung was direct and I appreciated the boldness. This is why the man had such a successful company. He knew exactly what kind of questions he needed to ask and what type of information he wanted.

"Jimin's desire would be to complete two films over the course of the next three years. He suggested two since we all know first ones don't always work out, but it's not always an indicator of a failed collaboration." Taehyung pulled out the business plan that Jimin had created with the rest of the team. Although most everything we did was digital, we had learned that Hiroki liked paper copies of things. Handing the plan to Hiroki, Taehyung smiled.

Hiroki nodded, his face revealing nothing as he studied the plan then looked up at Taehyung in surprise. "Mr. Park is willing to split the profits from the film equally? That's a very generous offer. Most companies look for a 60/40 or even a 70/30 split."

Taehyung shrugged. "Jimin believes that if both companies are putting in the work then both companies should see the benefits of it."

"Mr. Park is very smart. I believe in exactly the same philosophy. How much is PJM Enterprises willing to spend for this collaboration?"

"We hadn't discussed specific numbers yet, but as one of the Finance Managers at PJM, Jimin trusts me to do the right thing and make the right decision. Since I know the finances of our company, down to the last penny, I know how much room we have to be open with."

Hiroki looked down at the business plan again. "Does Mr. Park have any preferences about the specific type of film he would like to collaborate on?"

Shaking his head, Taehyung grinned at Hiroki. "No. He made it very clear to me that he wanted these films to be full blown collaboration. A partnership from the beginning all the way to the end. From the music to the to talent to the locations."

Setting the business plan on his desk, Hiroki turned his attention to me for a moment, giving me a smile, before turning back to Taehyung. "I have to admit that I like what I'm seeing. With a company as big as his, most CEOs would prefer to have more say in such a big project. However, I would like to have the company lawyer take a look at this plan before we go any further. Would that be okay with the both of you? I like what I see so far, but I need to make sure I protect my company and myself. I know this has the potential to be great since I can see it already but I need to make sure. I need to know I am doing the right thing."

"Of course. We had expected that from you so it will be no problem." Taehyung gestured to me. "Y/N has a digital copy she can send directly to your lawyer if you would like."

"The company lawyer, Akiro Takahashi, would probably appreciate that more than a paper copy. He's always yelling at me about things like that." Hiroki turned to me with another smile. "He's always telling me I'm killing trees, but I like having something I can physically write on."