Epilogue

One year later...

Y/N POV:

"Oh my gosh! You look absolutely stunning! I knew that dress was beautiful when you tried it on, but seeing you all done up is... is more than I can even believe!" Jimin stood behind me, his gaze meeting mine in the mirror. "You look perfect!"

I turned to my best friend and pulled him into a hug. "I love you my Jiminie. I don't know how I would have been able to do this without you. You... you've been there for everything and I'm so lucky to have you in my life."

Jimin's eyes welled up with tears at my words and I pinched his side, making him squeak in protest. "Stop it," he whined. "I can't cry because then you will cry and your makeup looks too amazing to ruin it now."

I laughed at his words then kissed his cheek, wiping the remnants of my lip gloss from his plump cheek. "I know, right? I can't walk down that aisle looking anything less than fabulous!"

"Right?" Jimin walked around me in a slow circle, studying me. "Hmm... you're missing something."

Cocking an eyebrow in confusion, I gave him an odd look. "Um... I don't think so?"

Jimin nodded. "Yep. You sure are, but I will be right back." Giving me a peck on the cheek, Jimin hurried from the room, leaving me in a state of confusion behind him.

Turning back to the mirror, I studied my reflection. The last year had gone by so quickly and sometimes didn't feel real to me. There were still huge gaps in my memory, things that were buried just beneath the surface with no way to get to them, but I had learned to let it go. Although I would have liked to remember everything about my life with Taehyung before the accident, I knew it just wasn't going to happen and I was okay with it. Over the last year, we had made so many amazing memories, both with just us and all of us together. We had all made the trip to Disney World, spending a week staying at the Polynesian Beach Resort, exploring the parks, and just enjoying being together. We had taken so many photos of each other and with each other that there was no denying we had a great time. The smiles on our faces were huge, especially the photo of Jimin and me with Sorcerer Mickey in Hollywood Studios. Taehyung and I had our photo taken in front of Cinderella's Castle and we made it a mission to get the same photo taken in every single Disney Park.

Taehyung had asked to plan our honeymoon and I had readily agreed. I had no idea where he was taking us, but I trusted him to make it a memorable trip. The only thing I knew was that we were leaving on an international flight in the morning. Where we were going I didn't know, but I was excited all the same.

Jimin had been great as my maid of honor (or man of honor as he liked to call himself). He had decided it was his responsibility to go wedding dress shopping with me and him, along with my mom and Taehyung's mom and had cried when I found the dress. It was beautiful and everything I could have imagined it would be. My mom had given me the same diamond earrings she wore when she married my dad and Taehyung's mom had given me a white gold bracelet that used to belong to her grandmother. She insisted I take it to pass on to Taehyung's and my future daughter.

A knock on the door had me turning to see Jimin entering the room. He had a small box in his hand and a bashful smile on his face. "JK and I... we bought you a gift. It's nothing fancy but it's something we thought you might like." Jimin came closer and opened the box. Inside on a bed of white satin was a hairclip, a beautiful crystal rainbow butterfly.

My eyes started to tear up and I waved a hand in front of my face, trying to save my stellar makeup job. "Oh my Jiminie... it's... it's beautiful!"

Jimin lifted the clip and gestured towards my hair. I nodded hurriedly and he slid the clip in place. "We thought it was perfect for you. You remind us of a butterfly. You've gone through so much both before and after the accident, but yet, you came out more beautiful than before. And I don't mean looks because you know you've always been beautiful to me. I'm talking about your beautiful soul and your beautiful heart."