Chapter 40: "... trusted me as much as they did."

Y/N POV:

I could see from the surprised look on Cam's face that he was expecting something completely different when we saw each other again.  When Oliver told me that Cam wanted to see me, missed me, I had been nervous about seeing him.  Since I remembered our relationship and not the breakup, I had been worried that seeing him would bring back feelings I no longer wanted.  However, seeing him in person, the only feelings I had were ones of disappointment.  Since Cam had been my friend first, I was hurt that he would cheat on me, but only because it ruined the friendship we had, not because I still loved him.

The arm around my waist tightened fractionally and I looked over to see a barely concealed look of worry on Taehyung's face.  I knew what he was thinking, that seeing Cam was going to make me want him back, but he couldn't be more wrong.  The man standing next to me, the one who was holding me so tightly, was the one I wanted to be with.  For now and for always.  He was the one who made my heart beat faster and butterflies flit around in my stomach.  There was no doubt in my mind that he was my forever.

Cam shifted back and forth and I could see how uncomfortable he was with the whole situation.  "Um... I know I never got a chance to tell you this, but I'm... I'm sorry for what I did.  For cheating on you.  For pushing away the most amazing girl I have ever met.  I realized after you left me that... that I still loved you so much.  You treated me so good and I... I just pushed it away like it was nothing."  Cam sighed then ran a hand through his hair.  "I think I most regret losing my friend.   You were my friend first and I've... I've missed that."

The apologetic man in front of me was a stark contrast to the cocky man I had dated, the one I had thought I loved all those years ago.  I could see the clear regret in his face, but I knew there would be no going back.  There was nothing left of us, sadly not even friendship.  Knowing what I did now, I knew there was no way I could ever trust him again.  He had destroyed that trust when I learned he had cheated on me.

Turning to Taehyung, Cam gave him a sad smile.  "You've got an amazing woman here.  I hope you treat her better than I ever did."  Cam hesitated then stuck a hand out, a silent sign of defeat.  "Take care of her man."

Taehyung shook his hand then looked down at me.  "Oh you can bet I will.  She's everything to me and I love her."

The hurt in Cam's eyes was obvious at Taehyung's words, but he turned his attention to me, a small smile on his lips.  "It... it was good to see you Y/N.  Take care of yourself, okay?"

I nodded my head.  "You too Cam."

Nodding his head, he turned to Oliver.  "I'll catch up with you later, alright?"

Oliver sighed and hugged the other man, the apology clear in his eyes.  "Yeah.  Sounds good.  Talk to you later."

With a last smile for me, Cam turned around and left the cafeteria, effectively closing that part of my life.  I felt a tremendous weight lift off my shoulders that I didn't know I had been holding on to.  I turned to Taehyung, the tears burning the corners of my eyes and threatening to spill down my cheeks.  "I love you Tae.  So much."

Taehyung's face lit up in a beautiful smile.  Running a finger down my cheek, he brushed the hair away from my face.  "Oh baby.  I love you too.  You have no idea how much you mean to me, how special you are to me.  And as much as I want to kiss you right now, I don't think it would be very professional."

I laughed and nodded my head, knowing he was right.  I pinched his side, trying to break the sexual tension that suddenly filled the air.  "Yeah.  Save that for when we're alone."

"Okay lovebirds.  Now that we got all the dramatics out of the way, can we go get food?  I'm wasting away here."  Yoongi's bored voice broke in, making all of us laugh out loud.