Chapter 35: "... without saying a word."

Y/N POV:

The next morning, Taehyung and I went back to Hiroki's company. The receptionist in the lobby let us know he was running a few minutes late so we were sent to his office to wait for him. I sat next to Taehyung on the plush sofa in the outer office, thinking of the evening before. After our little confessions and subsequent sob fest, we talked about what we wanted to do when we returned. Although I wanted to return to the house we shared, I was still a little nervous about it all, nervous about how I would feel when I actually was living in there.

Taehyung could sense my hesitation and suggested I keep the apartment for the three months that my parents paid for. It would give us a chance to date, for me to get to know him again. Although I knew I loved him, and every part of me was telling me he was mine, there was so much about him that I didn't know. I wanted to know his little habits, the things that made him happy, the things that made him excited. I wanted to learn all about him again, remember the man I was so desperately in love with, the man who was everything to me.

The suggestion made sense to me and I knew it was the best idea. It would give me a space of my own if I needed it, but I would also be able to stay at the house with Taehyung if I wanted to. He made that part perfectly clear to me, letting me know that if I wanted to spend time at the house, he would make sure he was there with me if I wanted him to be. I was surprised when he told me he was currently staying with Jimin and Jungkook. Even though I saw Yeontan there, I didn't make the connection about why he was there.

I felt my heart break a little when Taehyung explained that it was too hard for him to be at the house by himself. He had stayed there when my parents were in town, but said he didn't sleep well, tossing and turning most of the night. The idea of him being uncomfortable in the house we shared made me much sadder than I had anticipated. It hurt to know that he had gone through so much pain.

After we had gotten those discussions out of the way, we had a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant, enjoying the miso soup and yakitori that the server recommended, along with glasses of atsukan. The food was amazing and I enjoyed the time with Taehyung as he relayed some of his favorite memories, including some from the trip we took to Hawaii with the rest of the guys and the trip he and I took to Italy. It made me laugh, especially some of the stories he told me about Jimin and me. It was so obvious that he and I were close, closer than I would have ever expected.

When we had returned to the suite, we had settled on the sofa with cups of tea and snuggled together, the night ending more perfectly than I had planned on. When it was time fore bed, I couldn't help but ask Taehyung to join me, which he readily agreed to. We shared some sweet kisses, but nothing more than that. I wanted so badly to take the next step and bring back the intimacy we shared, but I was nervous. Not so much about whether we were compatible or not, but if I was going to be good enough for him. Would I remember the touches he liked? The way he wanted to be kissed? Did he like it soft and gentle, bodies pressed together softly as he moved inside of me? Or did he prefer it rougher, harsh tugs and thrusts, marks painting the skin like a claim, letting the whole world know he was mine just as much as I was his?

I shifted in my seat at the thought and when I looked over at Taehyung, he gave me an amused smirk. Shit! He saw that. He probably knows exactly what I am thinking about. Taehyung placed his hand on my knee, stilling the movements. "You doing okay there baby?" His voice was deep and husky as he whispered in my ear, the sound almost like a gentle caress, something that made me shiver in response.

I nodded my head quickly, not wanting to give anything away. Taehyung studied me for a moment, his eyes glittering with barely concealed amusement, but he said nothing else, choosing not to tease me any further. Before I could say anything, Hiroki appeared, an apologetic smile on his face. "I'm so sorry for making you wait."