♡ ྀ that's what heroes do.

word count: 2.2k.
genre/warnings: angst?
shinra kusakabe x gender neutral black reader.

 genre/warnings: angst?shinra kusakabe x gender neutral black reader

there it was, the smell of smoke

there it was, the smell of smoke. you lifted your nose up towards the sky to snuff the smell out and figure out the location. you stopped in your tracks while your classmates looked at you with confusion.

"is everything okay?" one asked while you softly chuckled.

"i'll see you guys tomorrow, there's something i have to do," you shouted with a wave before running off to the park to meet up with your friends.

the smell was lovely, you couldn't wait to make money once again over the silly mistakes people have made inside of their homes. you sat on the swing as you kicked your legs up and down, waiting for them to show up.

"two days in a row making money," the voice of [friend #1 name] startled you a little as got up from the swing.

"took y'all long enough," you joked while walking near them.

"but we gotta hurry if we wanna make bank," you sniffed the aroma of the smoke, and sensed it was getting stronger.

the two followed behind you as you followed the smell of the smoke. you were hoping that the house belonged to someone wealthy, the wealthier the person, the more money the three of you would have. once you guys arrived, you three stood away from the house as you observed it. you looked at the white strings that were leading into the house as if it was a maze. the fire was bound to happen anytime now, so it was time for the three of you to get started.

"ight, the fire is boutta start. let's go," you softly smiled as the three of you placed your masks on your faces.

the smoke flowed through the house as you heard the voice of an elderly man running up the stairs. 'perfect,' you thought to yourself as you sat on the windowsill.

"you good?" you looked at the old man.

"please help me, there's a fire downstairs," he begged while you chuckled.