Cut

(Gilbert's Pov)

I watched the clouds through the hospital windows. I been at this hell hole for a week and they haven't done anything to me but wrap my arms up and give me medicine. I'm suppose to have a blood transfusion,but I have a rare blood type and they are trying to find people to donate.Fortunately,Monica's been calling me a lot and my friends try to visit everyday. Francis even gave me a 'Princess Diva' balloon that is now starting to droop.

It sounds stupid but I smiled at the memory of being here when I was drunk. I was dumb for doing that but I was so happy to see Monica stayed with me all though it. I wish she was here right now so I could hold her. I heard the door open, yet I didn't look over, it was probably just a nurse giving me medicine.

"Gilbert." I heard the girl with a German accent say. I turned over to see Monica standing by the door, still in her sweats and her hair in tangles.I imminently thought it was the medication giving me hallucinations until she came over to hug me.

I can hear her sniffles in my ear and her face was wet with tries. I couldn't fight back to smile that formed on my face. I haven't seen her in three months and now I can finally hug her. I grabbed her waist, pulling her into a big hug.

"I missed you." I muttered,not letting her escape from my grasp.

"I missed you too." She replied before kissing me. Honestly, I forgot how it felt to kiss her.

"I love you." I kissed her again, not getting enough of her.

"I love you too." She rested her head on my shoulder.

Her hand traveled down me arm to my hand. I winced when she went passed the cover wrist. She gabbed my hand.

"Why? Why did you do it?"She cried, getting up on the bed with me.

"I-I don't know." I admitted,"I just felt so...worthless."

"You're not worthless.I love you so much, so does Francis and Antonio and your grandpa.Everyone loves you." Monica sobbed,trying to hold back her tries.

"Elizaveta is pregnant." I quaked as I looked out the window again.

"Is that why? Are you jealous?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm jealous that they have a good relationship, a good house, and a family." I confessed.

"You shouldn't be jealous. We have a great relationship and a beautiful house." She spoke with her voice cracking.

"A family?"

"We still are parents. People may not call us parents because we can't hold our child anymore or teach her to walk or talk but we still are parents. Our Anneliese is in heaven but we still are parents of the most beautiful baby who was too beautiful for this world." She kissed my cheeks that had tears steaming down it.

We sat in silence with her head in the crook of my neck and our hands entwined. The only thing that could make in better was if we weren't in the hospital.

"How long are you going to stay?" I asked her.

"A week." My heart drop. We wouldn't get to celebrate our two year anniversary which is in 2 weeks.

"I'm sorry." Monica mumbled.

My doctor walked in with a worried look on her face.

"We got a donor and we have to do the transfusion now!" She said in a hurry while walking over to my bed to pull up the rails. Monica quickly jumped off and watched the doctor get ready.

"We are going to put this medicine in your I.V and it will make you sleepy." She gulped. She was about to put the needle up to the I.V until she stopped.

"Go to the bathroom and pee in this cup." She threw the cup at me and her hands were shaking. Please don't tell me she is going to do the transfusion.

I walked to to bathroom and stood there for a while. I whipped me cheeks from the tears and my forehead from the sweat.I saw myself in the mirror. I looked terrible with the bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep and my hair was tangled. The ghost of who I use to be stared back at me in the mirror. I didn't even recognize him.

I walked back to the doctor with the cup of pee and handed it to her. Monica sat at the side of the bed in a chair she got.

"Okay get on the bed and i'll give you the medicine." I flopped on the bed and smiled at Monica who had a scared expression.

"It's going to be fine." I whispered to her and kissed her lips. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it, not wanting to let go.

The needle came in connect with the I.V. At first I thought it didn't work until I started to feel like I was falling. Then everything slowly went black.