We are not Broken,Just Bent

Just want to say that the title is from, "Give me a Reson" by P!nk.

__

(Gilbert's Pov)

*One week later*

I'm sick of this stupid hospital and all the damn nurses that stick needles in me non-stop and take my temperature every five minutes. I know it's their job(Monica tells me that every time I complain)but can't I have at least five minutes with Monica alone.It's even worse that Elizaveta and Roderich keep coming in a having a snog feast right in front of me or talking about the baby names they might choice. Just let this kidney failure kill me.

The only good thing is that Monica hugs the pain away and I do the same to her. This is just a fucked up world and we are forced to live in it.

The soft snow fell from outside, leaving me to wish that I was outside, playing in the snow like a child.

I've been sleeping more often during the day, yet I can't close my eyes for more than five minutes at night. I had a seizure two days ago and I've been terrified to have anymore. Fortunately, Monica was there and called the doctor to come in.I don't remember any of it but I waking up feeling very sluggish and in a puddle of piss.

Monica is staying until I get better. I don't know whether she'll go back to Germany to see her mother's finally resting place or she'll stay in America and enroll back in college. Honestly, I don't think she even knows.

"I wish we can go outside," Monica said softly while holding my hand. Her eyes were half-way shut and a purple flower decorated her soft blonde hair. I put it in after Felicia gave me a vase of colorful flowers to 'freshen up the room'.

"Yeah," I muttered, watching the white crystals falling from the dark skies.I turned around to kiss her hair, I could smell the flower in it. I see her blue eyes tearing up and her cheeks were lightly pink. I felt the same way I felt when we only known each other for weeks; I wanted to rip the sadness from her.

Her phone's ringtone filled the silent room. She pulled it out from her purse. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the number.

"Hello?"She said into the phone, her face filled with confusion and her voice was on the verge of crying.

"Ivan?"She questioned the person. Minutes went by of me trying to hear the man from the other side of the phone.

"How did you get my number?" She said in German so I had no way of knowing what they were talking about.

I looked back at the window. The snow has quicken and began to fill the window still.

I heard another longer angrier sentence come out of her mouth. I feel my eyes becoming dry and I blinked more often. I layed my head on the hard pillow and waited for the darkness to take over me.

__

A kiss woke me up. It was Monica. She carried her black purse and the flower was crippling from the lack of water.

"I'm sleeping beauty."I laughed, scaring her. My laugh fainted away once I noticed the tears falling from her face.

"Monica?" I asked, holding out my hand, wishing she'll grab it. She never fulfilled my wish.

"I don't know what to do." Monica cried out as the purse fell from her grasp, dropping to the floor and all of it's remains spilled out.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I feel so broken."She went to her knees to pick up her stuff, but ended up having her face covered by her hands.

"Why?"I wanted to hold her and run away from this dreaded hospital and forget everything and start a new. I couldn't and I knew that; we knew that.

"My mom, you, and now some guy wants me back in his life," She whipped the tears,"And Anneliese." The words made the tears burn my eyes.

"I can't take the pain." She cried out, grabbing the flower from her hair and holding it in her hand. I hurried out of the hospital bed, not caring of the machines are moved or if the I.v hurts.

"It's going to be fine," I whispered, hugging her and swaying from side to side like she was a traumatized child.I realized that I haven't walked in weeks and the running made me dizzy.

"I've been waiting forever and I can't wait anymore." Monica sobbed as she dug her nails on the back of my shirt, making it scratch through my skin.

"You are just bent, not broken but it will get better in the end," I reassured, petting her hair.

"It isn't better."

"Then it's not the end."I kissed her wet lips and I remember the first time I even got to kiss her.

I held her shaking body. The only sound was the sniffles from her. Tears rolled down my cheek and hit my arm that was filled with scars. Monica moved from my arms and looked into my eyes.

"I love you." She said through her tears.