Establishment

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, the smell of an air freshener filled my lungs and the sun peaked through the blinds.

I sat up and I we wearing different clothes, a mans sweater along with a mans pair of sweatpants. My face and hands were cleaned and I no longer felt like my body was killing itself.

I got out of the king sized bed and stepped outside the bedroom to find myself in the tiny hallway inside Kais apartment.

I turned the corner to find him asleep on the couch, I smiled as he heavily sighed. I sat on the couch right above where he laid his head, I ran my fingers through his soft, short, brown hair and looked at his peaceful face.

He then groaned and seemed to stretch one of his arms upward and unconsciously wrapped it around my waist, pulling me down onto my side and into his chest.

I curled my fingers into the roots of his hair and sighed into him. He then must've woken up because he pulled away, and my muscles weren't strong enough to keep him there.

"Rae?" He whispered. "What are you doing out here, your supposed to be asleep."

"I wouldve fallen back to sleep if you hadn't pulled away from me." I mumbled, snuggling into him again. I didn't like how I was acting, but it felt natural, like I should always stay this close to him.

"So you climbed into my arms yourself?"

"No, I was giving you some sort of head massage and you grabbed my waist and pulled me into you, I didnt fight and I- I snuggled up into you." I started to get nervous with what I was saving, so I did what I knew how to do. I left.

I got up and I walked out, and I left.

"Rae, come on!" He called out to me before I shut the door.

"No its fine, I get it. You didnt know what you were doing and I shouldnt have even been sitting where I was in the first place. Hell, I shouldn't even be here with you because if our families find out we are doing these... things together, they will kill us, and then they will fight each other. Our covens will go to war and I dont want to do that to them."

"How will they even find out?"

"I think you are forgetting how Tiwn-derella tried to kill you yesterday, while we temporarily transported ourselves to a prison world trying to save some girl your are obviously very found of. So if she really wants you gone, she will drag me and my family down with you and she wont think twice about it."

"She wouldn't-"

"How do you know? Before they did it, I never thought we would be locked away in our own personal hell. Before you did it, I never thought youd merge with Luke. Before you did it, I never thought youd write a letter about how your sorry. Before she did it, I never thought Liv would try and kill you."

"Ok... I see your point. But for the last one, I'm still alive! And so are you so we must've done something right."

"Kai, I dont think you understand how terrified because I practically killed you yesterday. I took your magic when that was the thing keeping you going, then left you there to die! If Damon hadn't been there when he was, I would've woken up knowing I did the right thing for them because their friend wouldve still been alive. But the wrong thing for you because you wouldve been dead! How do you think I wouldve been able to live with myself then?"

He didnt reply, I didnt want to wait for one either. I walked back inside the apartment silently but slammed the door behind myself. I got to where Kai had propped himself up on the couch and kneeled down to his face and laid my hand on his cheek.